Water Meth Injection

Morning guys,

Happy monday to you all.

Right, been looking into water meth injection systems for my glanza. I beleive it should see some gain, i know a few of my mates are running it on other cars but not got many (if any) Starlet buddies locally.

I have found the kit i want, seen the graphs and charts of gains etc, but i just dont know who could do the final map and setup?

T-D map is currently on car with E-Manage Ulitmate.

Car spec is; 285bhp, TD05-16g, Forged < Basics, you get the idea.

Any of you wonderful people got Water meth setup?

OR

Know anybody (mappers) they know have dealt with Glanza's and water meth before?

Cheers Guys

i think some of the kits come with water meth controllers, so you could keep it seperate from your current tune?

but you would need to keep you water meth mix filled up all the time if you work something out that way.

otherwise and reputable mapper with standalone experience will be able to sort this for you.

Phil

i think some of the kits come with water meth controllers, so you could keep it seperate from your current tune?

but you would need to keep you water meth mix filled up all the time if you work something out that way.

otherwise and reputable mapper with standalone experience will be able to sort this for you.

Phil

Yeah thats what i have gathered.

Its finding a reputable mapper that knows enough about my car and enough about water meth :)

The kit its self i can get fitted, its the aftermath of it all that im in need of sorting :)

Cheers phil

I have a boost controller with different settings, not sure on how versitile it can be though.

I know how install and plum it in, i know how i can run it without map, but id prefer to be able to switch it on and off (cut off)

I have spoken to TD & Race-Tech...

Ricky said he can do it, but hes never done a glanza, and Mike didnt really have alot to say ...

Both quick replying though.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Not a lot of people do it as theres a lot of other things to do first. The main point of it is so you can push the map further without det to make more power. If your still wanting more from the car, id suggest some of the points people made in your other thread back last year. Once youve done all that, then maybe think about water/meth injection imo.

I made my own kit that activated at 4psi boost. Had the nozzle set about 3-4 inches down a straight pipe from the turbo inlet. Also had an LED to tell me when the pump was active.

The first thing i noticed was spool times. as soon as that LED came on the boost gauge shot up..

The power increase was very noticeable. (not as relevant to this as i was running a diesel)

I ended up running 2.5 and then i upped it to 3 bar of boost.. people had reported problems running 2 bar on these engines without an FMIC and i was running stock cooler at 3 bar with just the w/m :)

by the way car was the old Vaux 1.7td Isuzu engine

Not a lot of people do it as theres a lot of other things to do first. The main point of it is so you can push the map further without det to make more power. If your still wanting more from the car, id suggest some of the points people made in your other thread back last year. Once youve done all that, then maybe think about water/meth injection imo.

Things are being done Rob, 3" Exhaust, Injectors ... Only other thing is head work, and thats alot of money and i cant seem to find anyone that could reground cams and knows enough about glanza heads ...

maybe you know more than me on the matter?

But everything that was restricting me should now be gone, even thinking about getting a custom turbo ...

Wouldn't waste money on head work, and the cams aren't the problem either, reground cams can be a right pain in the ass to get fitted correctly. Try looking at the valve sizes :thumbsup:

Edited by AdamB