theres a drain bolt on the bottom, its about 24mm , take this out to drain all the fluid. Then put the bolt back in. Theres another bolt on the side of the gearbox which i think is a 24 too? Take that out and undo the 17mm on the top of the gearbox visible in the engine bay. Then fill the oil up through this hole until fluid drips out the refill level hole on the side. Then put them all back together.

• 4 weeks later...

I just changed mine, judging by the colour of the old stuff it hadnt been changed for a while lol mine used to crunch a bit when id change from 1st to 2nd if i had my foot flat, since putting new oil and a touch of zx1 in there its stupidly smooth and doesnt crunch :)

I bought it for my engine, make sure you get the engine treatment box its £21 at halfords, its a 250ml bottle, with the gearbox you use 5% ratio to your oil so around 15ml, its minimal but it works :) for the engine you need 170ml seeing as its a 1.3l

The oil itself was just castrol 75w90 universal from halfords too, stuff is in a green bottke with a yellow sticker. box took something like 2.3 or 2.4 litres, just fill it on level surface and stop filling when it comes out the leveller hole (just incase you didnt know) :)

People say you have to take stuff like the radiator etc out to make room but i took my battery out and just poured it straight from the bottle with no mess lol the oil is quite thick so when you tip the bottle you have a few seconds til it comes out which is good