Torque wrench please

Draper tools are shit. Buy snap-on or Norbar. Loads on ebay just take your pick. (If you go for Norbar, get the style with the red strips down the handle, not the other types)

Used one here- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SNAP-ON-TORQUE-WRENCH-QT2FR100-3-8-drive-20-100-ft-lb-Flex-Head-/171225053522?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item27ddcef952

Norbar one,not known by a lot of people. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Norbar-13046-Torque-Wrench-Adjustable-Industrial-Ratchet-1-2in-40-200-N-m-/370926921342?pt=UK_Baby_BabyFeedingUtensils_EH&hash=item565cf7a67e

Edited by Jamie5414

I have a Draper 3/8 socket set, taken a right pounding for the last 3 years and been spot on :)

On the other hand, the internals on my Sealey torque wrench completely shattered at well under the maximum torque setting, was not impressed at all. They did replace it for free under warranty mind you.

Stay away from Sealey, I got one used it once and never again. Just doesn't feel like a quality product and just doesn't seem to wanna click even though I know I've gone past the torque setting.

Teng are good or Halfords. No need to spend stupid amounts if its only going to see little use.

Snap on are good in the respect that yes, when their tools break they replace them for free, but I have a mechanic a few doors up from me and he is never done sending tools back and getting them replaced, but he would swear by them.. strange haha

Snap on are good in the respect that yes, when their tools break they replace them for free, but I have a mechanic a few doors up from me and he is never done sending tools back and getting them replaced, but he would swear by them.. strange haha

Snap-on torque wrenches are not covered by the life time warranty as there a calibrated item!! its a min charge of 60 quid plus vat I think it is! for any repair or calibration adjustment! thats why I got shut of mine! MAC tools ones are the same too! All the norbar, halfords, old school brit tool ones are easy ajusted to get them back into tolerance and dont need expensive repairs for calibration. On the other hand the smaller 3/8s and 1/4 drive snap-on ones can be adjusted too by the calibrator but some wont adjust them anyway! I have been using torque wrenches now for the best part of 20 years lol

Got offered a Norbar 200 today for £50 of a work mate! I was shocked because I was under the assumption it was used (I had bought it from him and put it in my car already) then I took it out the case when I got home just now and it's brand new! I was literally just looking for a new one when this thread came up too, bonus :D :D

mmmmmmm :)

lbu7Gjtl.jpg

B0xaX46l.jpg

EUv6nsPl.jpg

7Awbg1zl.jpg