Horrible noise when reving... (Originates from the box)

Newly installed 6puk clutch, unsprung and clutch release bearing.. fitted 300km's ago.

If you rev the car in neutral gets about 2k, you hear almost a grinding noise coming from the box..

If you depress the clutch and leave it in nuetral and rev the car, the noise isn't heard.

Someone said clutch release bearing, but it's brand new?... Confused, annoyed.. 3 hours pulling the box out last week to happen all over again by the looks of it.

It sounds horrendous, and last maybe 3-5 seconds sometimes considerably longer.

Can get a video this evening.

Seen this sooo many times now...

I wouldn't use ANY other release bearing bar one that says Toyota on it...

There all shite! Even if you re-use and re-grease an old Toyota one its better then the new shite that comes with aftermarket clutchs these days...

There all shite! Even if you re-use and re-grease an old Toyota one its better then the new shite that comes with aftermarket clutchs these days...

Could i reuse my old one? Still have it sat in the box? - If no, what's the cost of a new toyota release bearing?

Fucking fuming. £350 for a clutch to get this 4 days after fitting!!!!!!!

cheapish release bearings never last with paddle clutches.. id change it asap cause it could damage the pressure plate.. same happened me, paddle clutch with cheap release bearing.. it destroyed the pressure plate and disc for a finish

I dont know if it's cheap.. It came with the 6puk competition paddle clutch... But i would've thought it wont be as good as a geniune toyota one

I believe this person had the same issue with a non genuine release bearing...

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/67501-tuning-developments-bad-experience/

It seems redline & _shaun_ had the same issues as you with that particular clutch kit...

I believe Toyota one will actually say TOYOTA on it somewhere...

Ive been using my Genuine Toyota one now through 3 different clutch kits and several power outputs. Never had an issue!

input shaft/thrust bearing

the clutch release bearing can be faulty from new, but my bet is against your old input shaft bearing having to deal with the bite that the paddle clutch now gives you

if the sound goes with the clutch pressed in (when the release bearing is at maximum contact with the pressure plate) then i cant see it being that from what i can make from your description thats what you meant?

Tried to get a video but it decided to play normal after work...

Last night is the first I've noticed it.. Changing gears isn't any different to how it was before etc..

Possibly fluid related or an I being optimistic?

I have only ever heard of brand new release bearings being noisy with this particular brand of clutch kit.

We have sold Comp Clutches, Blueprint, Exedy (OEM, Organic and Paddles) and we also supply new aftermarket release bearings. We've never had a single complaint! I have fitted 4 of the release bearings myself last Summer and none of them made a noise (can be proved as I still have a GT and a Glanza here, both using the release bearing we sell). :)