Honda Civic EK3 (B18c4) - Swap for GT/Glanza

Year: 1997

Model: Honda Civic EK3

Tax: Will have 6 Months as of Feb 28th 2014

MOT: December 2014

Mileage: Engine - Approx 83,000 miles / Chassis Approx 113,000 miles (will rise)

As a lot of you know, since my first Starlet I've had a fair few cars... Not kept anything for a long period of time. Well its that time again but this time Ive thought long and hard about it. I belong in a Starlet.. Well an R34 Skyline actually but I dont have that cash! haha

Got this car last year as It caught my eye on pistonheads and Ive always wanted to try out V-tec and a Honda... Its easy to say that I do love it a lot!! I just love boost that little bit more.

As I'm writing this Im still unsure if Im doing the right thing! As it will have to be one hell of a Starlet to compare with this. It handles like its on rails and is easily the most fun around the country lanes near my house... Its just not a Starlet.

Well heres the current spec of the car... I havent actually had time to do that much to the car as ive been busy with college stuff or the weather has been terrible.

The car received a full service once I got it home where all the usual things were done; Plugs, oil, filter, Genuine Honda LSD gear oil etc

1997 Honda Civic EK3

Engine:

B18c4 engine conversion with LSD gearbox

P28 Chipped ECU

Skunk 2 inlet manifold

Fuel pressure regulator

Uprated fuel pump

Large throttle boddie

Whales penis induction kit

Blue silicon ht leads

Blue silicone hosing

Alloy race rad with slim line fan

Mugan 4-2-1 exhaust manifold

Tegiwa decat

Mozart cat back

Red password jdm dress up washers

Skunk2 oil cap

Skunk2 plug cover

Gold skunk2 low level cam cover washers

Skunk2 vtec solenoid cover

Skunk2 plug cover

Exterior:

Full respray in Championship White where the car was treated for rust and the arches were cut and rolled.

Arches rolled, trimmed and undersealed (No tyre rubbing)

Ek9 rear bumper and splitter

Engine bay smoothed and sprayed

Vti bubble side skirts

Ek9 grill

Ek9 front bumper and splitter smoothed with facelift conversion

Yellow ek9 fogs

Ek9 headlights

12,000K HID's with LED sidelights

Ek9 spoiler

De wiperd boot

Team heko wind deflectors

Fiberworkz winglets

Aero flat wipers

Interior:

Ek4 carbon clocks

Interior sprayed black

Sticker bombed rear mirror and speedo surround

Short shifter

Tegiwa shifter extension

Skunk 2 weighted gear knob

DC2 Red recaros 8/10 condition

Handling and brakes:

Coilovers (unknown brand)

Braided brake lines

Front and rear camber arms (fronts not fitted but included in sale)

Anodized read LCA's

Full vti brake and conversion

16" Rota grids on the front

16"x 8 Rota grid drifts on the rear

D1 spec anodized red wheel nuts

Red ASR brace

Red Beaks bar

Good Points -

Rear tyres were recently replaced with hard compound budgets so they would last longer over the winter due to the camber wear...

The car was treated to a full respray in Honda Championship White by the previous owner and the car is very very clean...

Stance whores will like the fitment of the rear wheels as you can just about get the end of your finger in the arch. None of the tyres rub anywhere as the suspension was set up perfectly in my opinion and looks bang on...

The noise this car produces is orgasmic - low rpm and casual driving its a nice low tone and when on VTEC it comes alive and combined with the looks of the car, really turns heads.

The engine is super sweet - Has ran faultless from the 300 Mile trip home to the very low miles that I do to college and work.

Bad points: Every car has them and I like to be as honest when it comes to the sale of my cars.

Clutch release bearing is noisy - I will be getting round to fitting a new clutch kit as soon as I have the time. Can be sold with or without this done.

Rear light seals are perished and let water in under the boot carpet. I did remove the lights and put silicone over the seals but this has only slowed it down.. Maybe I didn't do a good enough job. Again if the weather sorts itself out I will be sorting this.

NS front coilover squeaks when the car is first driven - After about 5 mins of driving the noise stops and goes completely, Not looked into this.

Bonnet has a slight bump on the edge where the previous owner said someone left a spanner underneath and then closed it LOL. You wouldn't notice this if I didn't put it on here.

History - The car does come with very little history. I have no documents from the engine swap or the mileage on it. I was told by the previous owner that the engine had been taken from a 80,000 mile MB6 Civic and I have no reason not to believe him.

Only paperwork I do have is the V5 were the car is still logged as a 1.5 and the recent MOT.

Windscreen - Does have a couple of chips in the windscreen. These were here when I bought the car and haven't got any worse.

THERE WILL PROBABLY BE THINGS IVE FORGOTTEN BUT PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME VIA PM OR VIA TEXT

Price: £3500 with new clutch kit fitted

£3300 as it is

SWAP FOR A WELL SPEC'D GT/GLANZA

433349FF-DC81-432C-AEF8-5B1BB8A67234.jpg

ef8abd3b-0616-41e9-a5e5-af2a8601022c.jpg

4aa5dc69-ac35-4657-af8c-9badf2bcecc8.jpg

326fdf6e-aaa6-4aa5-a56c-92885fa3db5a.jpg

ae5bdc59-3f92-49d5-b777-f5eeece28120.jpg

A319CC37-141E-4AD4-A00D-7910BC2FB84F.jpg

48054B9A-42C8-4C50-BC2B-5E6A638985D7.jpg

null_zps6270b49c.jpg

I could easily get more pictures on request.

Id just like to say I'm in no rush at all to sell this car at all so will not even reply to silly/unrealistic offers.

The car is currently not advertised elsewhere as I thought id put it here first due to me wanting Starlet.

Contact Details: PM here or Matt on 07597544963

Edited by Matt1878

Sick car man...glwts....or keep it and get it boosted. Vtec and boost with that suspension setup would equate to a weapon of a car.

This will happen if the car doesn't sell for what I want it too and I come into a little bit of spare cash ;).. I'm pretty firm on the price and the c4 is the best engine too boost :D

Edited by Matt1878

Pictures from when it was parked outside oulton park ;)

Lovely looking car buddy but nice to hear your coming back to the right side

They are mate!! Weather has been ultimate shit from then till now that I've hardly been anywhere in it to get pictures.. It's done very little miles!

ill give you £2.50 and a packet of starburst?

and a crashed n/a with lots of goodies to go with? :) haha

glwts boyo

That's actually more than I expected off you being a fellow student! Haha

Would love this if I was not spending all my money on the Glanza good luck man. ;)

Thanks mate:)

I won't lie. I am tempted. It's shame is the C4 and not the C6 though.

The C4 has the stronger internals ;) ready for boosting though my friend! See 300hp on stock internals.

It's just the price.. A c4 and the parts are so cheap. A c6 on the other hand is much harder to get hold of!:p

The C4 has the stronger internals ;) ready for boosting though my friend! See 300hp on stock internals.

It's just the price.. A c4 and the parts are so cheap. A c6 on the other hand is much harder to get hold of!:p

Your correct, mainly because of the low compression. However, they love to smoke and valve stem seals being the most common issue. Without proof I wouldn't touch it.

It's gorgeous and exactly how I would want a honda if I ever went back!

Your correct, mainly because of the low compression. However, they love to smoke and valve stem seals being the most common issue. Without proof I wouldn't touch it.

It's gorgeous and exactly how I would want a honda if I ever went back!

Proof of the engines mileage??

That was a slight worry when I got it. Was told the engine was out of a good runner of an MB6 with 80,000miles.

I have had no issues with it and have no reason not to believe him:)...

Gave it a good service when I got it, Oil level has been no issue etc:)

Been happy with it.. Just want BOOOOST!

Wow, it's actually funny what some people will offer for your car..

Here's a short list of things I've been offered..

Kawazaki 600 bike

Bugeye scooby

3.2 vectra (ex police car)

RX8

Lexus IS200

MX5

2005 Fiesta

EP3 Civic

Toyota Yaris

2.4 Estate Accord

It's interesting putting it up for sale/swap.. Some of the things people offer is a laugh!:)