Sequential gear box

Keith does them for around 2k as I've had words about them with him a while back

Those ones are custom made by the same place that do their dogboxes. Imo it's a hefty price to pay just for a gimmick tbh, they are only really useful on a dogbox where you can bang them into gear without the fear of destroying the synchro's.

The problem is can you outlay the cost of one and possibly having butchered one?

I believe they fit the floor close enough, maybe one of the bolt holes just needs elongating slightly. I guess there would be some modification to fit the cables but I can't say 100% as I've never seen one in a Starlet to know what exactly needs doing.

If you can get hold of one cheap enough you can always try lay it up in the car and that will give you a better idea of what needs modifying, then if its too much or can't find someone to do it then sell it back on.

I'd start by just taking some measurements for the throw and movement between each gear in a stock evo and stock starlet and see how off they are. You can also get them For skylines and S body's so find out which is the closest to ours and order it. I

I'd start by just taking some measurements for the throw and movement between each gear in a stock evo and stock starlet and see how off they are. You can also get them For skylines and S body's so find out which is the closest to ours and order it. I

The Evo is the closest match because its been used and modified before :)

I'd certainly want to double check before paying out almost a Grand for the unit. No ones giving up the answer on how to make it work let alone the reasons why the evo unit was picked it could come down to availability or price per unit. EEC have a drag evo so its possible they choose that because they had one sitting around.

I'd much rather research something that just assume because someone had done it one way that's the easiest/best way todo it.

Whatever about the sequential shifter..Are Zisco the only guys who manufacture a dog box?

Zisco don't manufacture them, it's Rogers Garage/ The real tuners in Malta that manufacture them. You'll find them on facebook but they aren't really any cheaper than going through Zisco.

I don't know if my question has anything to do with a sequential shifter.

But main thing want to ask is has anyone tried a dog box engagment which they use on roads instead of just track use? Beside the people who want to try it , I want to know does any one have it and what they experiences are bout it.

But main thing want to ask is has anyone tried a dog box engagment which they use on roads instead of just track use? Beside the people who want to try it , I want to know does any one have it and what they experiences are bout it.

They have been used but mainly in drag cars only. They have been used on the road but they are quite harsh. Certainly not recommended for a daily car and not needed unless your pushing 350 ft/lbs of torque plus.

Sacha over at wepr has one in his demo gt drag car and his words were that the car is now ruined whilst driving on the road but on the strip it's better than ever

Thank you for the replies!

So for the people who are and want to push from 300 to 400bhp on a street driven car have no option?

Only to become better at using the gearbox. Closer to 400bhp and above will be a problem though.