Sequential gear box

I think you mean dog box maybe ?

I've been in talks about the zisco one with people who are running them and unless your only on track/drag strip there no good totally ruin the car on roads as would any other dog box.

Stock ones are proven to around 400bhp

And as above its just a sequential shifter if that's what your talking about and there around 2000 from zisco

Edited by Azz

No such thing as a sequential gearbox.

You either have a synchro mesh gearbox, or dog engagement box either can have helical or spurred gears.

A sequential shifter is just the shifter assembly, even with a synchro mesh engagement though you will still have to use the clutch going up and down gears (unless you heel and toe of course). With dog engagement you can shift up without using a clutch.

You can use the Ikeya shifter from the Evo if you want a sequential shifter but is pointless imo.

• 7 months later...

No such thing as a sequential gearbox.

You either have a synchro mesh gearbox, or dog engagement box either can have helical or spurred gears.

A sequential shifter is just the shifter assembly, even with a synchro mesh engagement though you will still have to use the clutch going up and down gears (unless you heel and toe of course). With dog engagement you can shift up without using a clutch.

You can use the Ikeya shifter from the Evo if you want a sequential shifter but is pointless imo.

How much do you know about them ikeya shifters?

Are they easy to fit i.e do you have to modify them much or is it a straight fit?

I think you mean dog box maybe ?

I've been in talks about the zisco one with people who are running them and unless your only on track/drag strip there no good totally ruin the car on roads as would any other dog box.

Stock ones are proven to around 400bhp

And as above its just a sequential shifter if that's what your talking about and there around 2000 from zisco

Wouldn't say they were proven... Ive striped 3rd gear at 340bhp....

Id say 300bhp is there comfortable limit...

Dont know if its actually doable but the fwd 4agte lot upgrade there C series (what we all run) to the gearbox that the supercharged 4agze came with which is an E series. That bolts upto the 4a engine.

Not sure if it would be possible to swap bell housings to suit an E series but maybe something to look at but they run excess of 5-600hp through them

How much do you know about them ikeya shifters?

Are they easy to fit i.e do you have to modify them much or is it a straight fit?

I have seen someone over on TGTT use one but I can't remember about the fitting, worth a search over there. As far as what I can remember it wasn't too much hassle as the shifters aren't too dissimilar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IKEYA-FORMULA-SEQUENTIAL-SHIFTER-MITSUBISHI-EVO-4-9-CP9A-CT9A-CN9A-IFBJ02002-/140928079747?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cff7d783

These ones by the time you add postage like it works out closer to a grand but still cheaper than what rosssport sells them for at 1200

we need a trader on ere to do a group buy on them for 200/250 :) :)

I have seen someone over on TGTT use one but I can't remember about the fitting, worth a search over there. As far as what I can remember it wasn't too much hassle as the shifters aren't too dissimilar.

Cheers man ill have a mooch now :D

we need a trader on ere to do a group buy on them for 200/250 :) :)

^^^^^^^ YESSSS!

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?106513-ECC-Modified-Ikeya-Sequential-Shifter-For-Toyota-Starlet&highlight=Ikeya

This seems to be the only promising thing I can find over on tgtt. It seems that ECC modified one but never shown how they did it I'm presuming its because they planned on selling a couple of modified ones and making a bit of moohlah :/

Think ill drop ECC a message and see if I can get any details off them

Yeah I seen someone had mentioned that on tgtt but yet again I couldn't seem to find anything else about it other than someone mentioned that he used to run one I looked for a build thread on here and couldn't find one and the build thread on tgtt just had pics of when he initially bought the car

Contact Keith at Zisco as well mate, I'm sure he knows of a couple of the lads over in Malta that run the Ikeya Evo shifter in a Starlet as I'm sure i've spoken to him about them before.

My mate runs one in his Evo and it's good but does get a bit tedious, I probably wouldn't advise using one if its your daily car.