major miss firing

i went out tonight with the great help of jezza and changed the fuel filter,(BALL ACHE!)

that got it started again which was strange!

but then i noticed a wire loose on the throttle position sensor , could any one tell me if this could cause my issues? or what this wire is for? i know its getting supplied 5 volts so maybe that wire provides the power to the sensor?

IMAG0192_zpsdsmaiw1l.jpg

well i tried a temp repair on this by wrapping the cables together and clamping them dow, STILL NOT BETTER!

i tried disconnecting the lambda, NO BETTER!

i changed the fpr, NO BETTER

changed the leads, NO BETTER

i checked the plugs and they where black though they have only covered like 2 miles if that! so i cleaned them up but still, NO BETTER!

Whats left?

so to clarify, if i try accelerate away in say 1st gear it splutters and if you dont dip the clutch quick enough it will cut out.

Please people come on!

well it turns out it looks like the wires on the top connector at the coil pack is slightly exposed..

it was shorting against the intake pipe, so i got it moved over and it runs much better but still has rather bad missing when you try accelerate harder..

would wrapping insulation tape around it help prevent the spark shooting out? im not sure what else i can do..

It only seems to be happening when under pressure.. so accelerating , it's fine in idle .

What's my best method for sorting the issue ? What about using a glue gun and dripping it over the wires and that would act as an insulator ?

No rbz I'm in ek..

well it turns out it looks like the wires on the top connector at the coil pack is slightly exposed..

it was shorting against the intake pipe, so i got it moved over and it runs much better but still has rather bad missing when you try accelerate harder..

would wrapping insulation tape around it help prevent the spark shooting out? im not sure what else i can do..

i was right then :p i had the same, just wrapped it in electrical tape