Glanza Build Re-Shell White GT28...Haltech, ID1000cc, Now forged :)

So, been a long time since I last updated this.

I have decided to go for a modern standalone ECU so have decided to get the Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 :)

I am currently getting a crank pulley with trigger wheel and bracket made up so the ECU knows exactly where the pistons are and know when to fire.

I have stripped out all the old wiring such as fueling, ignition, air con wiring the lot and the new loom and fuse box will all be supplied by Haltech.

Currently waiting for the Haltech to be delivered and in the meantime I am preparing the ignition system...

K20 coils...

IMG_20150606_181311_HDR.jpg

Got some aluminium hex spacers to make the bracket...

IMG_20150609_115801_HDR.jpg

Initial line up with the spacers, but needed some trimming and some machine work to fit 100% as they were sitting way to high!...

IMG_20150609_144849_HDR.jpg

Went to the machine shop and he made it completely flat for me and I also grinded down the spacers, and you can also see it's sitting a lot lower now as it's meant to...

IMG_20150610_170109_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150610_170116_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150610_183844_HDR.jpg

All sitting flush now and all spacers grinded to the same height

I found the center of each spacer and used a punch for a guide for alignment. so when it comes to welding, it all gets welded in the right place.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine management came today...PS1000

IMG_20150618_115704_HDR.jpg

Comes with the fuse box and loom for all sensors and extras that you could possibly think off, plus can also do custom sensor calibration for any sensors being used.

IMG_20150618_115729_HDR.jpg

Started to take out some wires such as idle stepper motor control and o2 sensor ect that won't be needed for my use

IMG_20150618_130922_HDR.jpg

Maybe in the next couple months may get the RacePak digital dash to finish this all off to make the install clean and get rid off all the gauges

More to come on this soon :)

Edited by nikhilkamdar12

Today came in the post a Zisco inlet...

IMG_20150623_162626.jpg

Got the old one removed and new one in...

IMG_20150623_173600.jpg

The fitment issues everyone has is true and I will need a new throttle cable as its way to short, needed to bend the dip stick and will need to modify boost pipes :/

But on the other hand it looks sweet as :)

Had the same problem even though mines was custom intake where it was actually facing on top. And boost pipes were made according to that and still not a perfect fit. Some alterations will have to be made. Good luck coming up good

Nearly there bro!

Cheers mate, almost done! Wire the engine up and a few other electrical things. Get the exhaust welded up on it, throw a base map on it and done :)

Had the same problem even though mines was custom intake where it was actually facing on top. And boost pipes were made according to that and still not a perfect fit. Some alterations will have to be made. Good luck coming up good

Yeah mate, it's just long lol. I knew when I bought it that it needed all this stuff. Slowly and surely i'll get done :D and cheers mate glad that its almost done and ready to start after almost a year and a half!

Got my rocker cover back from Garage D in Watford who hooked me up nice. Apparently the spacers that I got and grinded down wasn't aluminium? Although when I bought them they stated it was and also felt like aluminium too. Anyway they machined new ones for me from proper aluminium and welded them down for me.

IMG_20150624_184520.jpg

IMG_20150624_184533.jpg

Got all the Haltech wires through that need to go the engine that over the next week will be wiring in...

IMG_20150624_184510.jpg

A lot of spare wire for loads of other features, inputs and outputs. I will be using quite a few of the inputs and outputs so there will only be a handful of unused wires that can be removed from the loom...

IMG_20150624_171846.jpg

• 2 months later...

Long time haven't updated this so though i'd do an update. Been busy with my job so haven't had the time I would like to work on the car. Can assure is almost done! Got a few nice parts stacked up :)

As I have gone down the Haltech management route, decided to stick with it for my entire engine management solution including wideband and dash...

Gone for the Haltech RacePak digital dash:

IMG_20150925_225423.jpg

IMG_20150925_225412.jpg

Dash can do some crazy things so looking to implement as many features as I can. It can display up to 28 variables from the engine on the screen across 4 pages :)

Also got the Haltech Wideband Kit...

IMG_20150925_225220.jpg

IMG_20150925_225214.jpg

ECU and wideband combo...

IMG_20150925_225300.jpg

More updates on this coming soon!

Ohh interesting update good work :D you wanna chat with socks about the dash, him and race-tec have just fitted one in his glanza ;)

James

Cheers buddy. I think this setup is slightly simpler to implement than his as mine is designed to work with my ECU and plugs straight into it where I think he has to do some playing around to get his working. Will be awesome once done though :)

Awesome update can't wait to see the dash connected

Cheers mate same here, can't wait to get it all connected and running!

So many beautiful parts :p and that front end will look menacing once it's all painted up

Cheers buddy. Tried to get the best part for this so far :) Hopefully its all worth it once its done! I know haha still so much to do :unsure:

I have a rain cover for my cruise bonnet (not sure if its the same as yours) but how do you stop it from falling off all the time?

Even when mines stationary the cover will fall off and living in Wales it's needed most of the time :/

I have the rain cover but I haven't connected it up yet. The way i'm thinking of doing it is that as my bonnet is original cruise it has some metal bits poking out the fibreglass, i'm somehow going to make a bracket out of it and use some more fibreglass maybe and connect it up that way. I'll take pics of when I do it :)

• 2 months later...

Time for an update as it's been such a long time. Bought a forged engine off 'russ78' on here. Looks like a good solid motor and only has around 2000 miles on it. Engine specs are:

Scat 4EFTE Forged Conrod Kit
ARP Rod Bolts & ACL main, big end, thrust bearings
TMD Cam Belt Kit
Wossner 74.5mm Low Compression Piston Kit with Rings and Pins
Athena 1.2mm Uprated Metal Headgasket
OEM Headbolt Kit inc New Washers
full Toyota gasket set
fully reworked head with new valve stem seals
chemically cleaned honed and crosshatched block rebored to 74.5

20151219_144954.jpg

Block was a bit dirty so gave it a full de-grease and fitted up my trigger wheel and sensor...

20151219_171219.jpg

Mounted up the inlet as well...

20151219_171143.jpg

20151219_171259.jpg

Now I have everything I need to run this car, it's a matter of swapping everything over and finish up the wiring on it, base map and start it up :)

I am looking to hopefully run around 350hp on this motor with my turbo kit.

More updates to come...

Edited by nikhilkamdar12

epic build !

Love this !!! Well done buddy :)

James

That intercooler sexxxxxx

Cheers guys, this build is dragging out now and looking to get it finished ASAP now so I can enjoy it for next summer :)

Problem is I always want the best parts, then it makes the build longer ha :(