Glanza Build Re-Shell White GT28...Haltech, ID1000cc, Now forged :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best things come to those who wait mate and buying the best parts will pay no end when it's finished!

Don't rush it now your regret it :)

James

Absolutely right mate! Just ordered some new parts so again have to wait some more time. Hopefully this will be a weapon once finished :)

IMG_20150127_144908.jpg

Is it easy enough to replace that bottom beam as im looking to do it on mine is there any danger in doing it and do you have to brace the front first or is it basically cut and re weld a bar in ?

also loving the haltec route !!

Edited by Dean_mc88

Is it easy enough to replace that bottom beam as im looking to do it on mine is there any danger in doing it and do you have to brace the front first or is it basically cut and re weld a bar in ?

also loving the haltec route !!

Really easy, just get a massive angle grinder and chop it out, then I got some 4mm sheet metal and cut some plates out and welded a bar across it. You can stand on it and it won't go anywhere :)

When I give my car in for mapping I'm getting them to re-do it for me as I think my welding is a bit shit.

Easy enough if you have a bit angle grinder and welder though, just take your time :) good luck mate

Getting there mate! Cant wait for summer!

Almost mate! I have my car booked in for tuning and final bits on the 6th of February so almost done :D Still have to swap my motor out to the forged one, getting my mates engine crane tonight and i'll do it in the next few days. Almost there though finally. How's your coming along? No updates recently?

This is a serious bit of work altogether

That haltec digi dash is gonna look unreal

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Cheers man ! Can't wait to do it now ! Again mint build I'll be keeping my eye on this

No probs buddy, and thanks, shouldn't be too long before some videos start going up.

Thanks guys! So busy with with work and if weather permits engine will go in this week.

Need to get some hoses and random little bits for it.

Does anyone know which throttle cable will fit this car for a direct replacement for the my Zisco inlet? Standard one is too short?

Nikhil

Thanks guys! So busy with with work and if weather permits engine will go in this week.

Need to get some hoses and random little bits for it.

Does anyone know which throttle cable will fit this car for a direct replacement for the my Zisco inlet? Standard one is too short?

Nikhil

Hey bud

I had to get mine extended. Don't think they would be a replacement for this .

use an ep80 2e-e throttle cable there very long

Cheers bro, I'll look into this one.

This is probably my favorite build I have seen, love that your going haltech and making this now old car pretty modern

Appreciate it mate, trying to do things properly and make it as modern as possible.

Engine is almost ready to go in now just finalising little bits then of to the tuners :)

This things on another level, good effort!

Cheers bro, not long now :)

I will have to have a chat with you about the k20 set up and taking out the dizzy ect, best way to get timing and ignition spot on and reliable I think

Not probs mate, drop me a PM if you wanna chat about it. Will be hopefully very smooth to drive like a new car, throttle and ignition wise, from the Haltech and the ID1000's.

awsome project

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Got my SPEC 6 clutch and flywheel of the old motor, so needs a quick clean up and get this bolted up ASAP.

20160117_164615.jpg

Decided to clean up and paint my gearbox as its out and good opportunity to do it. Degreased and wire-wheeled...

20160117_164517.jpg

Thanks all :)

Got the sandwich plate painted up in high temp black paint

20160123_160005.jpg

Got the gearbox painted up fully, quite happy with how it turned out

20160124_130536.jpg

20160124_132336.jpg

Flywheel and 6 Puk clutch fully bolted up also

20160124_132348.jpg

Gearbox now bolted up to the engine and next week will be going into the car :)

20160124_145244.jpg

Just waiting for my ID1000cc injectors to turn up and fully tighten everything up on the motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, got my forged engine last weekend and plumbed it up.

Things in the fuel department are getting quite serious lol got myself a brand new Walbro 255 fuel pump and these little beasts...

Injector Dynamic 1000cc, no fueling problems in my build!

20160203_225158.jpg

20160203_225221.jpg

Stay tuned more good stuff coming soon :)

Edited by nikhilkamdar12