Knackered CV Joint advice WHAT IS THIS HORRIBLE NOISE

Is it only under throttle or at high speeds aswell? If its at high speeds and you drop clutch does it disappear. And if its under throttle does it do it if you just rev the engine while in neutral?

Sounds absolutely horrid on video. You would get a whine from the release bearing in neutral if it was that. I'd be tempted to jack the front up stick it on axle stands and bang it in 1st get someone to accelerate while you try pinpoint were the noise is coming from

could it be the CV joint? mine clicks when I'm just cruising and that is the cause, and it went away and came back too....best way is do what was said above, get her on stands and go underneath with someone accelerating in gear

took it to a garage and its a knackered cv joint. Both the inner and outer boots have tears. The garage recommend replacing the whole driveshaft is this necessary or will replacing the outer cv joint fix the issue?

• 4 weeks later...