OIL LEAKING FROM DRIVERS SIDE OF ENGINE

Hi, just recently oil has started to leak down from the drivers side of the engine where the oil pump and belts and pulleys are! its a pain to get into them as i did try but couldn't find the source of the leakage... any ideas on what it might be thanks!??

Most likely crank seal, but the oil pump seals have been known to leak aswell. You wont know for definite until its stripped down.

Good chance to inspect / replace a few parts whilst youre at it. Ie. belts, waterpump, set of bearings etc.

I'd remove the engine for better access, theres not a lot you need to disconnect to whip one out, leave the box attached, or split it when theyre out and have a look at the clutch.

Its not that hard a job but its best to do the timing belt aswell, then you may aswell do the waterpump, aux belts etc. it all adds up haha.

I'd do both crank seals tbh, saves ruining a clutch when the other one fails, not to mention doing the work again lol.

Garage checked my oil leak while they were changing the timing belt and it was leaking from the rocker cover seal, so check that first as it's the easiest job to do :-)

The seals by the cam gears could be also. There is a little cap on on the intake cam side that a little silicone is needed to stop leaking.

If you can get the plastic guard off, take a look in and see if these seals around the cam area are leaking.

thanks, yeah ill take the rocker cover off first to see it thats what causing the problem as its the easiest to do... failing that ill have to take the side panels of and have a look at the crank seal and camshaft thanks!

just take top half of timing cover off and if theres oil on the belt, you know its a seal.... you will have to replace the belt as oil weakens the rubber and you risk it slipping, Got mine replaced, cost 20 euro for both oil seal and crank seal.. got a lad to do it and he charged me fuck all really...

you dont need to remove engine, once you get the alternator belt off, remove bolt holding on the Pulley, drain oil, take pully off..take off timing cover, and remove timing belt...you can take the old seal out but prying it with a very narrow screwdriver or tap it with hammer and chisel, being careful not to chip the block, the slide new seal into place and you can put old seal infront of it and tap it with a hammer until it is in fully... then set the timing correctly and put new belt on, then reassemble and put new oil in..:)