Right thought it's about time to put up a project thread.

Start from the beginning I bought a 99 V which I adored but unfortunately was wrote off, sold and broke by another member.

So I was on the look for another black facelift. Which brought me to ScottyB who kindly sold me his car so after a few chats swap insurance over I took the full day and set off at 3:30am from Rotherham to Fife! Was few stone chips around the bumper and bonnet and a small rust mark on the rear quarter panel which isn't that bad. exchanged money and the long trip home started.

Specs was very standard (which I wanted) just had rsr lowering springs, buddy club exhaust, hks ssqv BOV and cruise gear knob.

After her first clean;

43042D5B-2159-4009-B0DB-B8D31D80B878_zps

I then got on to fit the jam splitter me and a friend had sprayed;

47BF7B03-6891-48D4-9542-25B23764820D_zps

7477A91E-298E-4C16-816C-BFF56FD3EEA8_zps

76DEB334-BCA6-435D-A4F8-127FFEE743F0_zps

Then cleaned cars with one of lads and paint is gleaming foam clay and wax;

787CB46E-6AAF-48FD-B3D3-1C8C3A1F267D_zps

0C3D5B3D-4B9D-4F3F-A6FD-054E3B69ED39_zps

Then took a trip upto Leicester to pick up my Genuine OEM ducktail & front mount intercooler with piping from coxycox. And as she is due a minor service and new brakes ordered some Fuchs Titan fully synthetic oil and OEM oil filter & also went and picked up some NEW drilled and grooved discs and pads from ID-WORKZ. Will get some pics up tomorrow when fitting!

So today I decided I wanted to fit my Osram headlights (no pics yet) & Nardi wheel! With a few texts from Aamir I managed to get it off easy! Unfortunately I have no horn lol but self cancellers work as they should! Transformed the inside of car and feels awesome!

FF2C207D-BDD1-400D-9506-47DE98CE376E_zps

So that's all for now with the poor introduction but as I've been meaning to get a thread up thought is put it up now while I've got a minute! Hopefully tomorrow will consist of brakes and oil change plus filter 👍

Edited by Baz-GlanzaV

Thanks boys! Slow but steady is always the aim. She's come up nicely :) won't be going japfest due to work holidays but japfest 2 is on the cards! Likewise Aamir, cars are coming along nicely!

Edited by Baz-GlanzaV

Thanks boys, only just happened but went to set off and just as I touched throttle there was a tinny rattle noise under bonnet/front of car but as soon as I put more throttle on it went and driving was fine! Really bugging me. If anyone can shed any light much appreciated. Gonna see if she does it again tomorrow.

So after my trip down to Id-WORKZ last week I came back with some exclusive goodies.

Id-workz own dimpled and grooved front discs! Didn't get chance to get a pic of them fitted but will try get some soon. And IMO they are awesome and defo worth the upgrade!

9F06A4FB-58C7-4E46-888C-F9F9BFA03227_zps

Also received a package today consisting of a front air filter relocation and my old boost gauge from socks. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Edited by Baz-GlanzaV
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update got my backbox polished by my mates works for nothing and it looks like new! Really impressed with the finish on it.

88999441-B0E3-49C8-8C06-E519B034D701_zps

Also purchased some livesports eyelids (thanks to fremyjay, top guy) & a fast road clutch. Test fitted the eyelids, personally makes the front look awesome but still undecided whether to have them carbon dipped or just black to match the car. A/Cs getting removed tomorrow hopefully so can get the Fmic on and decide if to mesh the turbo or put the short route on? Any input is welcome guys.

477825DA-6438-47FE-B33A-2E9EE3E4CF9C_zps

1F49E878-5EE1-477A-B37A-F8BB2264D7B7_zps

Besides that nothing much been going on apart from a quick clean last night :)

87C847DC-9E66-456B-977E-C31BEB4399ED_zps