nice running car to this =[

Hi

Ok my car was a nice little runner for its age. I change the tubro to a gt28r running sweet as a nut new manford decat etc etc

so I go change the waterpump and alternator. I got everythink back how it should be.

go to turn it over and boom starts but it's hunting like mad so I turn it off. Turned it over again and starts but then it cuts out

stuff that I have checked all seniors, spark, compression, earths, ignition timing, all coils, , fuel, wire's,

the car bumped started. Ran ok on tick over but would not pick up the revs but it will not even bump start again!!?

I have been trying for about a week now cant find everything about this on the web ;( all I want is to take my lovely car for a drive

I really don't wanna break it, it would be such a shame if I have to ;(

Edited by chrisholly

You said you've checked ignition timing, what about the cambelt?? It may have slipped after you put it back on, if it was running before you done the waterpump i would say that could be the issue, if the timing was wrong when you first fired it up you could have had the valves hit the pistons, best bet would to check if you can turn it over by hand

The alt has yea sorry fort yu was talking about the waterpump Kyle do you no anything about this fancy coming down and having a look I give petrol money if you can fix it I'll give you a days wage it even be something silly image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

under the fuel pressure regulator theres a small pipe that goes into the number 1 runner on the inlet manifold, you havent left that off or knocked it off on accident. its in the area of the alternator so may have knocked it off

Check for fault codes, I have had something similar on my Impreza and Glanza previously.

Impreza turned out to be loose cam sensor so check yours is connected properly/ not broken (i.e a fault code).

My Glanza did it with both air intake, and water temp sensors goosed (again check for fault codes on them or check continuity)

Must add if the cam sensor is just loose you wont get a code. Maybe youve disturbed an already weak wire/connector on something.

Edited by seab