White smoke on idle and blue smoke intermittently...

Just before I start... The car is a 1998 glanza v 4efte. The turbo is a ct9 custom hybrid built by Liam d at midland turbos and has done literally 20miles yes 20 miles so the turbo is for now out the equation hence why I put it under engine related. Since fitting my WEPR power up kit yesterday I have now been experiencing white smoke on idle and itermittently blue smoke when driving, I checked the coolant overflow tank and I also have noticed and considerate amount of carbon deposits in there. Back to the smoke, when I start the car from cold in the morning the WHITE smoke is stupid amount literally clouds of it. One slight blip of the throttle and it turns to blue. When the car is at optimum temp the white smoke start to settle but is still there. Whilst driving the smoke is blue but most of the time unnoticeable. My thoughts are that the head gasket has gone hence the carbon in overflow tank but this does not explain the blue smoke. My first thoughts were PCV Valve intermittently stuck open or closed but this is a guess! Thanks in advance for any feedback, it is much appreciated!

Right tonight I have carried out a compression test my results were, with WOT and engine warm.

Dry test: Wet test:

Cylinder 1: 170 Cylinder 1: 220

Cylinder 2: 172 Cylinder 2: 220

Cylinder 3: 170 Cylinder 3: 220

Cylinder 4: 170 Cylinder 4: 220

Could people please give me there opinions on these results. In my eyes they are bang on but would just like clarification on that.

On removal of cylinder 2 spark plug before the wet test, the plug was very wet which would indicate coolant in the cylinder and would also explain why the result was ever so slightly higher on that cylinder. Correct me if I'm wrong..? I'm very certain that my issue is the head gasket at this stage.

Thanks.

Edited by Sefton-EP91

I will have to whip the plug out again and have a good sniff to make sure it wasnt fuel, I did have little sniff and im pretty sure it wasnt fuel. Tbh I havent really noticed a drop in coolant level but this could just be were I havent driven it. It's doesn't make sense because there is quite a bit of carbon build up in the overflow tank. Also when I take the rad cap off the coolant level rises and bubbles over when the accelerator is pressed. Which would indicate to me that there is something pressurising it? When I do a sniff test should I do it over the radiator or over the over flow tank. I suppose either will do..?

Edited by Sefton-EP91

I was also thinking the results were good. I would have thought that putting oil down the bores would fill the ring gaps hence the difference in compression. Rather than the rings being worn. I'm going to do a hg sniff test tonight after work and I will feedback with my results. If it is the hg I will be replacing valve seals at the same time.

I was also thinking the results were good. I would have thought that putting oil down the bores would fill the ring gaps hence the difference in compression. Rather than the rings being worn. I'm going to do a hg sniff test tonight after work and I will feedback with my results. If it is the hg I will be replacing valve seals at the same time.

get your name on he group buy for the zisco valve stem seals.

They are cheaper and stronger than they toyota ones.