Hi,

My m.o.t has ran out yesterday and I've only just noticed that it ran out. Can I still drive the car without getting pulled over by the police? How long do I have til it will become illegal? Hopefully getting it done on Saturday but want to know if it's ok to drive it til then as the car is getting mapped on Friday!!

Thanks.

I wouldnt risk it as they could fine you £1000 for driving without mot unless you can prove your driving to or from the garage thats doing the mot, i forgot my last mot ran out and didnt remember for 2 weeks luckily didnt get pulled

Edited by fremyjay

I was driving mine around for 2.5 months including a big meet near london with no mot unaware. Got stopped and I got a £60 fine, I even got to drive my car home.

I did have the excuse of 'I have a second car if I'd have know I wouldn't be driving it'

Also just been driving around for the last 3 weeks with no MOT completely unaware again!

But I live in the sticks so not many old bill around my way

I wouldnt chance it mate, driving with no mot invalidates your insurance!

I left for work on a monday morning last month, drove round the corner to the post office (to tax my van), jumped out with my paperwork in hand. Cops pull in and done me for having no tax which apparently also invalidates your insurance, he was threatening to do me for no insurance too when i was pleading my case!

I wouldnt chance it mate, driving with no mot invalidates your insurance!

I left for work on a monday morning last month, drove round the corner to the post office (to tax my van), jumped out with my paperwork in hand. Cops pull in and done me for having no tax which apparently also invalidates your insurance, he was threatening to do me for no insurance too when i was pleading my case!

...what an arsehole