Powerstation is in tewskbury, about 20mins from me, may be a bit far for you? Well known tuner involved in the type 25 scoobs

that is a fair mission :( theres a guy down here whos massive in old school tuning but not newer stuff but may go see him and see if he can do it

what about Alan Jefferies @ Engine Tuner?? never had any work done but have heard decent things and apparently loves a starlet

Down here he's not got a good rep, he's decent on scoobs but other then that he don't get a decent rep

Oh really? my bad, sorry dude!

No real tuners down here though mate, I only really know of interpro in thornbury but have heard they arent the best, not sure if they even have a dyno anymore lol

Fuck all down here mate really :(

Oh really? my bad, sorry dude!

No real tuners down here though mate, I only really know of interpro in thornbury but have heard they arent the best, not sure if they even have a dyno anymore lol

Fuck all down here mate really :(

Tbh he may be alrigjt for setting up the fuelling etc but not sure weather i would use him for mapping, he got my cousins impreza to something like 498bhp which is good Goin I know there's not much options down this way but don't fancy a 4 hour drive :/

Thats fair enough bud, what ecu you going to be mapping on?

Powerstation might be worth checking out though, I had my coilovers setup there and they had some awesome motors around, a couple of bike powered caterham things being mapped on motecs, a DTM beemer etc so they must know there stuff.

Thats fair enough bud, what ecu you going to be mapping on?

Powerstation might be worth checking out though, I had my coilovers setup there and they had some awesome motors around, a couple of bike powered caterham things being mapped on motecs, a DTM beemer etc so they must know there stuff.

Just putting a fcd on it for a laugh atm as it's a engine I got for free so no point putting emu on it and getting mapped as have a fresh built forged engine to use for that

Ben i spoke to dave baskiville on weekend. He can check fueling and dyno it but he is more comftable with older stuff.

Allan jefferies at engine tuner His brother martin hil climb/ sprints starlets apperently.

Hilton had the glanza set up a while back down there.

So thats where im gunna take it back

Tbh i have heard quite a few bad rep storys for engine tuner,

I wouldnt take mine there,

I had my crx sir there for a power run,

Was told i could film it and watch etc,

Left the car with them went into the waiting room to pay/sign, heard my car running up then he came out saying all done heres your graph......

Hes rude and arrogant if it isnt a scoob is what i found.

He also fecked a r34 up after being rebuilt i think

Abit of confusion behind that story lol

Previous owner of mine still member on here took the car down and said martin was really helpfull

Let them stay there and film it.and came back with good results.

Problem is these days u only ever here bad things about place/people

I want mine roaded at some point soon. But like ben said its limited down here.

I think Alan Jeffery is a cock/joker I phoned him regarding changing my valve stem seals and he qouted me £650 just for labour and then said it's a days work at £50 per hour "so it was going to take them 13hrs" ive stripped my spare engine in 2hrs. And when I mentioned that TD and race-tec would do it for £700-750 his reply was "they must be working out of a shed" put me right off he's got a shit attitude! AP is the one ive herd are good but im sure they have since changed their name.

Ak motors in Plymouth are good. Been down there a few times and they've always been welcoming and helpful. They'll be able to sort out what you need and they map emanage if you need it. They've got a 4x4 rolling road and can map most ecu's as well.

Decisions decisions.

Engine tuner quoted me 140 for a session and some fine tuning..

Where as dave baskiville of barnstaple quoted me 60 as he has done work on my previous cars.

But as ben said above he likes his older cars that run carbs and can tune with a screwdriver. Lol

Glad this thread got started cus its making me think twice now :/

I think Alan Jeffery is a cock/joker I phoned him regarding changing my valve stem seals and he qouted me £650 just for labour and then said it's a days work at £50 per hour "so it was going to take them 13hrs" ive stripped my spare engine in 2hrs. And when I mentioned that TD and race-tec would do it for £700-750 his reply was "they must be working out of a shed" put me right off he's got a shit attitude! AP is the one ive herd are good but im sure they have since changed their name.

all those figures are mental, and truth is its because RaceTech/TD/Jefferies arent working out of a shed.

Id far prefer to be paying a good tuners time than his overheads, so Guru with a shed for me everytime.

Phil

Decisions decisions.

Engine tuner quoted me 140 for a session and some fine tuning..

Where as dave baskiville of barnstaple quoted me 60 as he has done work on my previous cars.

But as ben said above he likes his older cars that run carbs and can tune with a screwdriver. Lol

Glad this thread got started cus its making me think twice now :/

I will probs go ak

Tbh, did your V not go bang once or twice? If so was it anything to do with the mapping?

all those figures are mental, and truth is its because RaceTech/TD/Jefferies arent working out of a shed.

Id far prefer to be paying a good tuners time than his overheads, so Guru with a shed for me everytime.

Phil

to be fair to TD/Race-tec both prices included all parts! where as jefferies was just labour so by the time you add the parts list it would be over a grand to have it done by Alan!

I will probs go ak

Tbh, did your V not go bang once or twice? If so was it anything to do with the mapping?

In all honesty I think that was all down to poor parts and budget builds and driven very hard on daily basis.
Cus that happened all before the setup down engine tuner.
Unfortunatly it went pop for 3rd time just after i brought it.
But touch wood holding up sinse I've had it done :-D
Ull have to let us know what ak are like.
Cus im looking for a session in next month or so...
Would love to go td or race tech but its the effort and cost going up there.

In all honesty I think that was all down to poor parts and budget builds and driven very hard on daily basis.

Cus that happened all before the setup down engine tuner.

Unfortunatly it went pop for 3rd time just after i brought it.

But touch wood holding up sinse I've had it done :-D

Ull have to let us know what ak are like.

Cus im looking for a session in next month or so...

Would love to go td or race tech but its the effort and cost going up there.

I knew it went bang once or twice but not 3 times :0, alot of people local have said ak but I wanted a bigger known tuner to sort it but like wise with you driving to a tuner further away Is effort and more expense

Yeh was never machined on the rebuilds kept blowing same piston.

When stripped it bore was quite worn.

So had new pistons and all the block machined to match and head skimmed and cleaned.

And i aint had prob sinse...

So i wouldnt put it down to the map..

Might give ak a ring soon and get a price