I would be careful with dave baskerville, two of my mates had work on their imprezas done by him,both engine rebuilds, one he forgot to fill the gearbox up with oil and you can guess what happened and another just went bang and they he had to send it elsewhere, mind you that was a few years back when he was in bickington

Edited by fremyjay

See i got old classic mini which i rebuilt engine in and he helped me out alot on that and set it up.

And supplied alot of parts help and advise and i couldnt fault him..

But i think throw him something with an ecu and turbo and he'd sweat a little lol...

Yeah i had my cambelt done a few years ago by him with no problems, but again people get problems wherever they go, you guys tried tjh motorsport, not sure if he has a rolling road, but it says he does tuning

Tbh its who ever you feel happy with.

I phoned engine tuner, AK, TD when mine died and was just really inpressed with TD's service and mike had the time to list to what i wanted and advised on parts i would and wouldnt need,

I know its a 240mile drive either way but i take mine there when i need work mate,

End of the day bad word travels faster than good,

Its who ever you feel happy with :)

Just the same as every ones opinions on other tuners on this page word by mouth just goin off what I've been told that's all

Problem with word by mouth is you never get the true facts.

Problem with word by mouth is you never get the true facts.

true fact £650 for labour not including parts apposed to 700-750 including all parts and labour alarm bells start ringing buddy! for what I'd pay at Alan jefferies I'd expect it to be nuke proof not saying he doesn't do a good job but I would expect it to last for ever!

true fact £650 for labour not including parts apposed to 700-750 including all parts and labour alarm bells start ringing buddy! for what I'd pay at Alan jefferies I'd expect it to be nuke proof not saying he doesn't do a good job but I would expect it to last for ever!

And why wouldn't it?

I never said it wouldn't! If he had of been more competitive with the price I would have used him as he's close to home! tbh I was gutted he wasn't! Have you experienced his work first had to give more insight?

20+ years I've been using them and the engine from my old MK1 GT that they built is still going strong now, after god knows how many years and miles.

Think dragon are mainly mazda and nissan??

Could be wrong though dave............

Big in the RX7 scene.

20+ years I've been using them and the engine from my old MK1 GT that they built is still going strong now, after god knows how many years and miles.

Is it/was it forged? I would of used him even if he had of been £100 or so more as it would save me 4hrs taking it to TD! but from what I worked out it would have been close to if not more than £1000 all in.

Yeh was never machined on the rebuilds kept blowing same piston.

When stripped it bore was quite worn.

So had new pistons and all the block machined to match and head skimmed and cleaned.

And i aint had prob sinse...

So i wouldnt put it down to the map..

Might give ak a ring soon and get a price

Was machined on each build I had done. Bottom end skimmed as well as head each time and bores done.

In all honesty I think that was all down to poor parts and budget builds and driven very hard on daily basis.

Cus that happened all before the setup down engine tuner.

Unfortunatly it went pop for 3rd time just after i brought it.

But touch wood holding up sinse I've had it done :-D

Ull have to let us know what ak are like. 

Cus im looking for a session in next month or so...

Would love to go td or race tech but its the effort and cost  going up there.

All the parts were from Toyota also ... :s pistons rings gasket sets bearings etc :s

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...