Plasma Dial Fitting - Advice?

Going to be ordering some today to try and fit.

Never done it before, not stupid with wiring, but nervous about damaging anything.

Is there a guide to aid me, or anyone whos done this before who can take a minute to explain whats involved, and anything specific i may need to do?

Thanks

First loosen speedo cable from the engine bay, so you can pull the dash clocks out or you can try to unplug the speedo cable behind the dials if you got small hands.

Then take the clocks in parts and remove old dials, they are attached with two small screws each.

You might need to cut bits off from the dial surround to get the plasma dial connectors fit perfectly behind the surround and you have to drill a small hole to a rev dial for the small needle pin. Do it with time, so you won't ruin it.

Then install the new dials, you have to bend the needles to get the dials on. Don't remove needles as it's pain in the ass to get them correct again! Do this with time too and it will turn out well. Put the small screws back on, connect the dials to a inverter included and connect the inverter to your dash light wires. Test the dials before you put everything back!

Remember to leave some bulbs for the needles or they won't light up at all. I prefer color leds, so the needles will match the plasma colors.

First loosen speedo cable from the engine bay, so you can pull the dash clocks out or you can try to unplug the speedo cable behind the dials if you got small hands.

Then take the clocks in parts and remove old dials, they are attached with two small screws each.

You might need to cut bits off from the dial surround to get the plasma dial connectors fit perfectly behind the surround and you have to drill a small hole to a rev dial for the small needle pin. Do it with time, so you won't ruin it.

Then install the new dials, you have to bend the needles to get the dials on. Don't remove needles as it's pain in the ass to get them correct again! Do this with time too and it will turn out well. Put the small screws back on, connect the dials to a inverter included and connect the inverter to your dash light wires. Test the dials before you put everything back!

Remember to leave some bulbs for the needles or they won't light up at all. I prefer color leds, so the needles will match the plasma colors.

Thanks for that! Seems a little more involved than i anticipated! Would i need to remove the old bulbs on the dials currently? I also notice in pictures how unlit the needles seem on the plasmas?

Is this because the the bulbs havent been left in?

You can keep the bulbs, but there might be a little bit of back glow then, but shouldn't be too bad. Without bulbs the needles won't lit at all. Needles will look quite "faded" for two reasons, contrast between normal and plasma dials is so huge and bulbs aren't located optically. That's why I recommended to use leds to get the needles lit brighter.

You can keep the bulbs, but there might be a little bit of back glow then, but shouldn't be too bad. Without bulbs the needles won't lit at all. Needles will look quite "faded" for two reasons, contrast between normal and plasma dials is so huge and bulbs aren't located optically. That's why I recommended to use leds to get the needles lit brighter.

Could you link me to what would definately fit and work?