38mm loud external wastegate?

A wastegate is what controls exhaust gasses to the turbo to control boost pressure. Once the desired boost pressure is reached it opens and allows exhaust gas to flow into the wastegate instead of the turbo.

A dump valve is used to release the pressure when you back off the throttle. And most brands make a different noise. However if you don't run a bov at all the air escapes back though the turbo giving a chattering sound or "turbo flutter" which countless people seem to refer to as being made by the wastegate.

Are you after a wastegate or a dump valve?

yeahh basically going from internal to external but as this is my first external waste gate i have no clue about them-.- im running 1.4bar on internal wastegate, so what wastegate would i need to buy?

What turbo are you running? And what manifold? The external gate take off comes from the manifold?

The quality of the item really. Cheap ones tend to have weaker diaphragms and the springs can sag meaning unstable boost. But i've never had any issues to date with cheap ones. Just use an EBC to set and control boost.

But yeah all screamers are loud as fuck

so what shall i buy? im running a biltz boost controller setting 1 being 275 and setting 4 being 210 running 1.4bar then around 0.8 for 210

so what psi spring shall i buy with the wastegate?

Your forged I take it then buddy ?

All wastages are pretty much the same sound but the tone can be altered slightly with a longer / shorter screamer pipe.

Dump valves on the other hand everyone sounds different.

I'd 'recommend tail or turbo smart, all the Wepr kits take the 38 mm 2 bolt type available from most places but I'd workz is usually the cheapest for a genuine one.

By cheap by twice !

yeahh im fully forged on emange ultimate wanted to go with a td05 but as ive got a fully forged 1.3 there will be too much lag-.-

i dont run a dump valve at the moment so i mite buy one yeah i bought a full kit from them direct worked out £70 cheaper than id workz

i need a waste gate just dont want to rush into buying one then end up with the wrong one!

but what spring would i have in the wastegate seeing as though im running 1.4bar?