Auto Ecu in Manual, 3rd Boost light not coming on

Hi, I have a aftermarket ecu for a Auto Glanza that i'm trying to fit to my manual glanza, When I fit it the car doesnt light up the 3rd boost light and once the standard manual ecu is fitted again it lights up fine.

It runs lean over a certain boost pressure on the auto ecu, I cant mind what it is but it must be related to the 3rd light not coming on.

Here is another thread I've found that may be related

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/13718-auto-to-manual-ecu/

Is there any difference in the tps or the map sensor?

Or even the wiring loom?

Edited by karl.

So after a bit of reading I've found out that the two tps' are totally different, where the Glanza one is a simple on off switch and the starlet one is a variable one which gives a reading on the throttle, a percentage lets say.

So from what I can gather the difference between the two is that they read the opposite eg one is 5v when closed the other is 5v when open and vise versa.

Could this be telling my ecu that I'm only at light throttle so don't inject alot petrol?

A bit misleading as title says "auto ecu in manual", first sentence says "aftermarket ecu for a Auto Glanza" and then "once the manual one is fitted again it lights up fine". So are you trying to run an automatic Glanza with a manual ecu or vice versa? :-D

A bit misleading as title says "auto ecu in manual", first sentence says "aftermarket ecu for a Auto Glanza" and then "once the manual one is fitted again it lights up fine". So are you trying to run an automatic Glanza with a manual ecu or vice versa? :-D

Lol fair enough, What I'm trying to do it fit an aftermarket auto ecu into a manual Glanza. Maybe there is a fault with the ecu or something I cant get my head around whats wrong with it. Heres a picture of inside it.

DSC_0108_zpsb2f9fc50.jpg

I think you need to go back to basics first.

Get a boost gauge and see what is really going on. The boost light's only come on at certain pressures, you could just be boosting a tiny bit less with the auto ECU causing the 3rd light not to come on.

I certainly wouldn't take the ECU to bits and start messing!

Have you tried both auto and normal TPS with this ecu?

Thats the problem, an auto TPS is 4 pin and the manual is 3 pin so I dont know how I would wire it up

I think you need to go back to basics first.

Get a boost gauge and see what is really going on. The boost light's only come on at certain pressures, you could just be boosting a tiny bit less with the auto ECU causing the 3rd light not to come on.

I certainly wouldn't take the ECU to bits and start messing!

The car is definitely boosting the same pressure when the ecu's are switched.