What a rad cap does is it seals and pressurizes the coolant inside.

It raises your radiator's boiling point to give better cooling by allowing the airflow to cool the water for longer before it can recirculate.

The TRD cap has a higher pressure rating of 1.3kg/cm2, so it will raise the boiling point of the coolant due to the higher pressure, and thus taking the heat out faster. The coolant expands when heated up. This makes the cooling system more efficient

It also makes your car get up to operating temperature a little quicker.

There have been very few noted problems with 4efte engines and this rad cap, but they reach higher temperatures and pressures.

I have been using mine for well over 1 1/2 years on my n/a ep91 with no problems.

Make sure your radiator and coolant pipes are up to scratch for peace of mind.

Joz

apart from looks, you may well notice problems rather than improvements as joz said.

unless you're a regular track attendee then it may not be worth it if it does indeed cause problems, although you could always try it and see as they arent expensive.

Your welcome Steve mate.

From an n/a point of view, I've had no problems.

I do make sure my coolant and radiator water levels are always topped up.

The improvements would be very minimal so don't think it will do a great deal, but there are very few noted problems and they were on the fte.

Good luck with your decision.

Joz

If you cooling system is in order, your water temp should not even get to boiling point, so dont see how they will cause problems unless the cooling system was shagged in the first place.

Obviously if it is getting its arse rapped on track, then temps may raise above boiling, which is where the cap would then start to make use of itself.