So ive had my starlet over four years and built it from a standard car to what it is now fully forged etc. Every part bought brand new, had so much work done to it and its let me down twice since i got the car back first the turbo let go which was brand new and now it looks like rings could be gone after 2k on the forged lump had a bore scope down there can see small scores, burning blue smoke and smoking like hell and drinking oil, the car is always warmed up and cooled down properly. The car is due to go back down to be sorted but i have a few factors that are throwing me a bit the insurance runs out mid june and i dont plan on insuring it again once its fixed as i have recently been made redundant so it will be my eg6 that stays on the road as its more reliable and no point insuring the starlet for the summer when works pretty dry atm. So if the car isnt ready in time how do i get it home as im not paying 200 odd quid to get it home via uplift ?

So I went to move the car today to let my dad out as mine was blocking him in and ended up having to push it as it wouldnt start, i know this could be a simple fix battery (brand new also) or starter motor (recently rebuilt) but its not the point it is as if the car is just not meant to be ? ive been pondering with the idea of selling up/breaking for a while now as ive paid all that money on the build/insurance/tax etc for it to sit in my driveway doing absolutely fuck all and its starting to really piss me off. All my mates say to let it go and i always dismissed this but now im starting to see what they are getting at. Tbh im at the end of my patience with it as im sick of it frying my nut and just sitting there. It has been nothing but problems since i got the car back in june and ive had it out around 4/5 times since then. Am i at the point of throwing money at it in despiration to get it working again or will more go wrong i dont want to look a mug and never get to the end of it and im thinking weather or not to cut my losses and sell/burst it

Now i know this is a starlet forum and ive said it to people in a similar scenario before BUT im after non biased opinions, what would you do in this situation ? its bleeding me dry, would you HONESTLY chuck more money at it or let it go ? this has been almost a year ive been putting up with this. Also i have to drive it back to the tuners which im not comfortable doing either as its smoking at every opportunity and i dont want it to go bang half way down there.

PLEASE NOT THIS IS NOT AIMED AT ANY TUNER OR ANYTHING IM SIMPLY ASKING WHAT YOU WOULD DO IN MY SITUATION, THE TUNER IS HAPPY TO SORT THE PROBLEM AND HAS BEEN HELPFUL THROUGHOUT.

Cheers, Chris.

I'm currently plowing shit loads into my starlet but I have a pretty good reliable job, but honestly if I was in your situation I would probably break it too make as much cash back as possible as selling it as it is probably won't make you what you would want

It seems it's making you unhappy rather than happy I think breaking it would be a good idea to, it's never going to end there is always something you want to do to it everyone's the same people get to a point where it's too much hassle and not enough fun. Seems to me like you havn't had enough reliable drive time to feel content with it, your mates can obviously see it's getting you down, always be a shame to sell but it's just the way it has to be sometimes, good luck either way Chris!

If I were in your position I would probably break it, sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered.

May I ask who built the engine and mapped the car?

Edited by Amjad

If I were in your position I would probably break it, sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered.

May I ask who built the engine and mapped the car?

Break it man, I know it hurts to say and I miss my gt so much but u have an eg6.... Just turbo that and don't look back

Sorry to hear of your issues. In my case I found getting it fixed (lol I say fixed in the loosest of terms) wasn't the end of my issues as it just happened again. Plus which ever tuner it was you'll probably get it back winter time anyway.

Breaking for me has been a kinda stress reliever. I'll never get the full amount of money I spent on it but it's certainly helped.

Good luck in your decision.

Sad times mate but I would break it and stick with the reliable Honda :)

Not worth pouring more cash into a car that was pretty much finished and should be running the way you expect it to.

break it mate.

its clearly making you stressed and annoyed, no car should do that to any person..

but before you do decide..

just check exactly whats wrong with engine.

I recently stopped russ78 from selling his forged lump, once I found out the issue its now running spot on..

If getting it fixed isn't going to cost you anything if it's under warranty ect I'd take it to be fixed then sell/break it else you've spent all that money for a engine witch has only given you 2k before dieing I'd definitely be getting that sorted 1st plus it will be worth more running! I feel for you dude hard situation.

thanks for the honest comments lads, im still torn about it it was my first major car love and tbh selling up ill loose so much money i kinda hope it runs good when its back and i can at least say ive had some fun out of it and the cost can be justified, ill keep everyone informed of what im going to do, wont be going anywhere untill its running right anyway !

even when it is fixed lads im scared to drive it incase anything goes again its been a nightmare and tbh im thinking of takeing a breather from the car scene as i think in general the lack of things i do with my life is annoying me haha just cars all the time, ross if you are after certain parts pm me and ill keep you first shout for anything you may want if i decide to break !