205 black, halfords crap paint!!!

why is it that when i get 205 black for my starlet it comes like gloss black with some tiny fleck of metallic, but my car is more metallic and grey than the crap halfords stuff.

where can i get some proper paint that ACTUALLY matches my paint?!?!?

Cheers

If the it's anything like the halfords near me then you kick off and they'll endeavour to rectify the problem or at the least give you some freebies. The paint is only mixed by weights and it's not real accurate either, I had some paint mixed up for mine and wasn't anywhere near the colour. Best place is a real automotive shop or body shop as said before.

Get your paint from a proper bodyshop place it's the best way to get a colour match take the fuel cap off and polish it up take that, bumpers will always be a different shade to bonnet doors etc

my 98 spec SR colour matches fine to 205 made up in a can from our local distributor for paint mixing to all the local garages.... But since I've had my glanza... its like the 205 rattle can is a darker shade of black

my 98 spec SR colour matches fine to 205 made up in a can from our local distributor for paint mixing to all the local garages.... But since I've had my glanza... its like the 205 rattle can is a darker shade of black

My ae111 trueno was a different 205 black to my starlet as well.

yeah, mines more sparkly and looks grey in the sun, but the rattle can comes out like normal gloss black with some fleck

I work at Halfords. I mixed up 205 black with what the system told me to put in (even drops of pink) to respray my bootlid and you can't notice at all, looks totally standard. Take into consideration that most Halfords workers don't give a flying fuck lol