Bluewater Meet Saturday 9th Feb 2008

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not the same thing :angry:

And I felt your pain about the bolt, Simon was in tears you couldn't come, I know how much of a downer it must've been :p Bah, sucked you weren't there, hoping the 5e-ftc stops being a c soon

Sorry I didn't stay (come back) for bluewater meet was caught up helping fix my mates car so he could take it SouthEnd. Good seeing some of you at the RR day, nice to put faces to names :angry:

Sorry we had to shoot early guys we didnt get home till gone 12 would of loved to stay longer as its seemed to be getting busy after 8 oclock oh well maybe we will come to one in the summer :angry:

Great to meet some of you guys and see you motors, the trackstar is very impressive in the flesh Mark :p

I thought it was funny that most people seemed to love the trackstar, even though it's an untidy little beast. I suppose that's how you tell real enthusiasts for something :angry:

Yeah the burger (double chicken thing) was tiny and rank and the fries with peri peri or whatever were just chips covered in some form of brick dust...should have gone to Ed's Diner but it was shut, now that place is awesome.

I wouldn't say it was that untidy! The interior was quite organised! Loved all the gauges and switches, looked so - race car!

I ate in that very same Nandos earlier in the day, had a chicken burger and it was quite small to be fair! But I do love Nando's! Good chicken :angry:

ditto with mine, which is why I fail to understand why people call it "impractical" or make fusses about it being dirty, except nowhere near as well funded/resourced...it's only coincidental I drive the thing daily :p But yeah, I shall start emailing Lydden Hill officials soon, see if they can do us any deal. As I said, it's a brilliant track, and it will cater to noobs and professionals alike, and it is a track that will test out a well setup car with postive lift corners (you rise over a crest unloading the suspension on a flat out corner, so if your shock absorbers cannot maintain damping finesse, you'll have an "interesting time") followed by tight downhill corners to test the kind of low speed grip your car can generate.

Will need to sweet talk you soon chap, I've been wanting to relocate my battery for a couple of years now, never got a straight answer on what is required! And ofcourse the loom stripping :angry: What would you to a Late March/Early April date?? I get my next loan then, perhaps get my car Aligned by Leda (or TDI-PLC) by then, and generally ensure the car is healthy :p

No worries Riko,

I'll be free to help at some point! Battery relocation is a piece of piss, you can buy the battery cable off ebay (only need a length of positive and an adaptor block)...then put battery in boot, drill 2 holes to mount battery holding bracket, earth to boot floor and heatshrink/wrap the wiring to keep it dry in the engine bay. done.

ECU loom, now that's more fun as I did mine with no dash so all the wires were just sat there on the floor :angry: