Hi guys,

Just after a little help, I put my JAM ECU back onto my GT, so I see the engine light appear, (it came on previously and was showing code 52, No Knock Sensor signal) I have had the knock sensor replaced and correctly fitted, its not loose, nor is the cable, nothing appears to be damaged/out of the ordinary. Also I am getting code 14 (No IGF signal to ECU) the engine starts and runs fine but idle is very random from time to time.

Now the weird part, I put my standard ECU back on, I don't get any engine lights atall, the check engine light doesn't even come up on turning the ignition.. also no error codes show on the standard ECU.

Ive tried my JAM ecu in my friends GT, ran it as normal allowed it to idle etc, his GT threw up no error codes, so am I right in thinking that there is an underlaying problem somewhere with my GT?

Not sure where to start, for code 14, is it best to possibly look at changing dizzy, ignitor, HT leads? any help would be awesome!

bearing in mind this is my daily so I want to keep anything bad happening to a minimum...

EDIT: I also noticed once my blitz dumpvalve had dumped it is leaking its tits off, I have blocked this off for now and running chatter.. I don't think this could be the sole cause as the codes still appear on the JAM ecu.. also my fuel pressure is set at 3bar.

Edited by redz11

Dosent the jam ecu not use stock fuel pressure?

Dosent the jam ecu not use stock fuel pressure?

Ive always had an RRFPR, we set it to 3bar as it appeared to fuel nicely on this, never had any issues in the past.

Is there not slight differences in the looms of the ep82s that one or two wires are in a different place? Check the codes on your standard ecu and your mates and that should tell you if they are different.

My friends GT is a K reg (93) but its a mk2 like mine so the loom should be the same.

Check the codes on ecu if it's pre 1992 and put in a later model the wires need to be swapped others will be able to confirm

my GT is 94, you mean the codes on the actual ECU itself? I do have another standard ECU spare but need to check it.

The earlier ecu I think is with a green label.

The black label or code with 10100 is manual and think is straight plug into 1992 onwards and 10040 is pre 91 and will need two wires swapped to work in a later model

Edited by 1990timeismoney

ah, my JAM ECU has the black label and my standard has the green, but with the JAM ECU before I have NEVER had any engine codes pop up... which is the odd thing...

EDIT: my jam ECU has the green sticker;

603898_10151308008894756_311369885_n.jpg

Edited by redz11

ah they're both the green label bud, stuck at a cross roads, this is the first time its happened since ive owned the JAM ecu, unless this second knock sensor I bought is fubar'd which I doubt is the case, or something else is wrong with my car..

edit: thanks for the help so far guys

Edited by redz11

I am now much more confused... I went to take out my standard ECU in the GT, the sticker is conviently half torn, but you can make out that it is the 10040 ver, I haven't swapped any wires as of yet as I dont think i would need to?

IMG_20140517_210817.jpg