Wasn't sure where else to ask this. Been inspired by Steve GT's OEM build and just wanted to know what optional extras were available to UK-spec Starlets.

I know the small lip spoiler, as well as the TTE backbox and wing were either optional or dealer-fitted extras. My manual has a section for ABS, passenger airbag (I think, can't quite remember), air conditioning and a double din tape/CD player, so plainly they were either standard on some models or options, but I'm assuming theres more. Thanks for any help in advance!

Wasn't sure where else to ask this. Been inspired by Steve GT's OEM build and just wanted to know what optional extras were available to UK-spec Starlets.

I know the small lip spoiler, as well as the TTE backbox and wing were either optional or dealer-fitted extras. My manual has a section for ABS, passenger airbag (I think, can't quite remember), air conditioning and a double din tape/CD player, so plainly they were either standard on some models or options, but I'm assuming theres more. Thanks for any help in advance!

The TTE extras were only available on the SR and all came standard on them bar the front TTE lip that was an optional extra for the SR.

as far as i know you could not get a passenger air bag on a uk spec not even as an option. don't think air con was an option either.

There isn't many really noting exiting like the GTs and Glanzas optional extras!

there is metallic paint, alloys, locking wheel nuts, wee standard spoiler, sunroof, electric windows, roof rack, tow bar and fog lights. some of these come standard on some models though, maybe some more i have missed.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be anything too crazy, just thought it would be worth a shout though. Probably mixed the passenger airbag up with the LHD models, since they're in the manual as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be anything too crazy, just thought it would be worth a shout though. Probably mixed the passenger airbag up with the LHD models, since they're in the manual as well. Thanks for the heads up!

theirs also headlight protectors lol but ye nothing crazy haha

That's interesting, because wind deflectors are something I've wanted since I bought the car yet never come across them. I was kind of worried I'd have to either source some from a 5-door Reflect or just get a set of front Team Heko ones and leave the back doors without them (which, ideally, I don't want). I've had a look at the '98 UK brochure on the wiki, but there isn't an options list, besides mentioning the spoiler, locking wheel nuts and alloys as options.

There rare. I've only seen 2 sets I have one and rob h has the other set. I also have 2 sets of headlight protectors lol in fact I still have one set of headlight protectors Bnib. Lol

Edited by rob_bower
  • 2 weeks later...

The TTE extras were only available on the SR and all came standard on them bar the front TTE lip that was an optional extra for the SR.

as far as i know you could not get a passenger air bag on a uk spec not even as an option. don't think air con was an option either.

There isn't many really noting exiting like the GTs and Glanzas optional extras!

there is metallic paint, alloys, locking wheel nuts, wee standard spoiler, sunroof, electric windows, roof rack, tow bar and fog lights. some of these come standard on some models though, maybe some more i have missed.

Hope this helps.

i saw a standard red 5 door with a red tte spoiler. looked as if it was done from factory

Edited by Billy SR

were carpet floor mats a UK optional extra? because I have a full set of OEM mats and the drivers one has starlet stamped into it in a suede material.

Not the best picture I have but you get the idea.

IMG_08451_zpsbb33527a.jpg