James' Glanza V - Small update

SO JEL OF YOU LOVE THEM WHEELS!!!!!

Haha yeah I'm really happy with them, one of the best looking wheels IMO, seem to really suit the car.

Looks awesome mate!

Thanks dude!

Beautiful wheels you got there mate,and must say innovative work done with the centre console,i am facing the same problem.I hope this will help me as well..!!

Thanks mate. It's not too hard to do once you get your head around it, it's just fiddly and time consuming trying to get it to look decent. Good luck with it!

Lovely car mate :)

Thanks Ben!

looks good James, very nice wheel choice and the Recaros look very smart!

also, OEM Optional Extra Chrome Starlet Sill Covers - rare AND awesome!

Phil.

Thanks phil. I didn't even no they were a optional extra or that they were rare so thanks for letting me know.

• 1 month later...

Not updated this for a while as I haven't really done much to the car. I've just done a few little things like fitting a HKS mushroom air filter and some JD tuning bonnet lifts. I've got a photo of them before I fitted them but haven't got any after.

IMG_0166.jpg

Now for the depressing bit. My manifold decided it didn't like being one piece anymore and has now almost broke into several pieces. Not the most fun on a long motorway drive home having no boost and the car sounding like a tractor!

So I got the bumper off ready for the fun to start.

IMG_0243.jpg

Got the turbo kit off and this was the worst off the damage.

IMG_0245.jpg

Another section cracked.

IMG_0246.jpg

And one of the runners was cracking as well.

IMG_0247.jpg

And the down pipe was cracked as well but I already know that was there.

IMG_0248.jpg

Basically never go near toyosports manifolds! It came on the car when I bought it and a lot people said it was poor quality but I didn't realize how bad :sad:

Now the cars sat on my drive looking sorry for itself ready for the new kit to go on when it arrives.

IMG_0244.jpg

Edited by JamesP
  • 1 month later...

Finally got some good updates. The car has been sat turboless for a long time now whilst I was waiting for the new set up to be made. I had a look around when my old manifold broke and decided to go with a WEPR ram horn style stainless manifold and downpipe. Whilst talking to Sacha he mentioned their new rear entry intercoolers so I added one of those to my order.

Before I sorted the manifold I decided to respray my rocker cover as it was looking pretty horrible.

8B646130-2F09-4453-9C6D-02AD0892E264.jpg

Also got a few service items to get everything fresh before getting the new manifold on. Changed the oil and filter and fitted a tuning developments ignition refresh package as it looks like its been a while since any of the ignition system has been changed. So new distributor cap, rotor, nkg spark plugs and a set of magnicore leads..

Now on the the interesting bit. On Friday I came home to this sat on my door step.

IMG_0328.jpg

opened it up to find these :D

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

I'd also ordered a tial external wastegate in purple to finish off the manifold set up. So Saturday morning I started bolting everything together. I didn't get many picture of fitting it as I forgot. I got a few after everything was back together.

IMG_0326.jpg

DSC04715.jpg

DSC04722.jpg

DSC04719.jpg

DSC04714.jpg

Got a bit to sort out with the exhaust and some lines from the EBC to the ext wastegate and then she should be running again. Then its MOT time :sad:

• 7 months later...

Long time since I've updated this! Not much has changed with the car as its been sat for a while as I've been travelling in Australia. Now I'm back there's a few things I want to get done on it.

The main change is after fitting the intercooler I decided to modify the front bumper. I wanted to cut out the number plate recess to expose the intercooler a bit more. So I cut out the lower piece and fibre glassed and filled the small indent that's left in the bumper.

IMG_0318.jpg

Took it up to a mates body shop and had the bumper and lip sprayed up. I decided to go with a stick on number plate, not sure if I like it but I cant be arsed to take it off so its staying now.

IMG_04311.jpg

IMG_04301.jpg

Next up is a lsd gearbox that I've just purchased so I'll get a few pics once it arrives.

Edited by JamesP