James' Glanza V - Small update

Hi all,

I keep meaning to start a build thread and kept forgetting but I've finally decided to start one. I bought the car back in october 2013 from torgue gt. I've always wanted one and after seeing it online decided to have a look at it. After test driving it I had to have it. Here's a few pics from when i picked it up.

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

It's running a toyosports td04 turbo kit and mapped on EMB at 215 bhp atm. My plans are just to tidy it up and enjoy it at the moment. I already done a few things to it and got some nice parts turn up so I'll update it when I get chance.

Edited by JamesP

So the first thing that I had to change was the horrible looking and uncomfortable standard seats.

So I bought a pair on Honda Integra DC2 black Recaros

IMG_0016.jpg

They came with a pair of replica takata harnesses but I didn't want to fit them so I sold them.

Then I modified the DC2 rails and made a bracket for the exhaust tunnel.

IMG_0071.jpg

And then got them in. So much better and comfier than the standard seats!

IMG_0180.jpg

I'll sort some more photos over the weekend so I can get this thread up to date of where i'm to with the car at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice mate

Thanks mate.

Them seats look awesome man!

Was that the only work required to make them fit on there original rails?

There was a bit more work involved. The front two holes just needed drilling bigger and the back one needed cutting off and welding at a slightly different angle. But it wasn't very difficult.

Nice work on the seats

John

Thanks bud.

So another thing that annoyed me was the turbo timer and boost controller were stuck in the drivers foot well. They kept falling off and I always kicked them when getting in the car. When I got the car it had a slot for a double din head unit but I only fitted a single din unit in the car so decided to try and make something to fill the hole and mount the turbo timer and boost controller.

I took the panel off under the steering wheel and found a mess of wires!

P1000888.jpg

Somehow I managed to work out what was what and get the timer and controller to the centre console.

P1000889.jpg

Using a bit of sheet metal started to make a panel to hold up the head unit and mount the timer and controller.

P1000913.jpg

Got the holes cut out and two plates bolted under the holes to hold the timer and controller up.

P1000919.jpg

Glued it into the centre console.

P1000920.jpg

sprayed it all with a satin black to try and make it look fairly original.

DSC_0025.jpg

And finally got it all fitted in. Its a crap pic but you get the idea, I'll try and get a better one later.

IMG_0181.jpg

I also sprayed the wiper arms as they were a mess.

DSC04539.jpg

That's all for now but i've got something pretty exciting on the way!

Edited by JamesP

Thanks for the comments!

I done my wipers last week lots so much tidier like that, so what wheels are you going for??? :D

As for wheels jay, your about to find out.

So I fancied changing my wheels and couldn't resist one on Meister-R's offers on enkei's. A couple of weeks ago I came home to this.

IMG_0176.jpg

Treated myself to a set of RPF1's

IMG_0177.jpg

After trying to decide on what tyres to go with them. I decided to go with a set of Yokohama AD08R's after seeing a lot of good reviews and a lot of people on here using them and only having good things to say about them. Got them ordered up and fitted this week.

DSC04707.jpg

DSC04708.jpg

So of with the old.

DSC04709.jpg

And on with the new. I was planning on getting some better pictures today but the weather is crap so I'll wait until it stops raining.

DSC04711.jpg

DSC04710.jpg

That's all for now. When it stops raining I'll try and get some good pictures.

Do love enkei's was tempted to buy a set instead of my new ones  :thumbsup:

Haha I think your new wheel choice is a good one :thumbsup:

These rims do look really smart on a Glanza

good choice :)

Yeah I'm really happy with them. Nice to have a change as I bought the car with the volks on so changing them I think I've made the car more my own instead of someone's I bought.