bonet Clamps/ Aerocatches

what I did was mask the are where I wanted them draw around the are that needs cutting out then use what ever you have to cut around it. Underneath the bonnet you need enough space to put the other plate so some of the bracing has to go just make sure you don't over cut.

you also need to make sure you align the rod that sticks through first before cutting I fucked up and had to elongate the hole the rod sat in. To avoid this align your rods first then drill and cut.

only pictures I have. I used a little dye grinder to get the shape

264ECC9F-0158-4362-AF6F-4BDFECDEBCF5_zps

21BB53CF-1C63-4303-B0E2-E5EECF09C3CB_zps

Edited by Dean_mc88

They are technically the wrong way lol even norris designs swb evo has em on backwards lol. If people ever bothered to read the instructions theres a reason they go the otherway round in case they catch fails at speed.

Ha after you saying that now I can see , and id have to agree never mind just don't put them the way I have simples

lets hope they don't fail good job I have another bonnet isn't it. can tell I just got them and threw away the package lol

Edited by Dean_mc88

Haha, i still think that makes me seem nerdy for reading the instructions lol, also the cardboard insert is a template too but again i only know because im a nerd haha, next show you do look just how many people mount em the 'wrong' way lol. My mates take the piss out of me at shows over how ocd i am about them lol

hahahaha jesus shorty you are OCD man however il be walking round at shows now going

"wrong" "wrong" "wrong"

even to my car, just gona shake my head everytime I see my own bonnet I kinda hate you now haha

Haha :( soz its like a proper condition man, aerocatchbackwardsitatis been diagnosed and everything haha

Get well soon I heard it's big money ESA for that :p Wish you had fitted them catches to the Jam Tom. Having real problems finding someone i would trust to fit them . Still in bubble wrap in the garage lol mega paranoid about it, if whoever cuts it wrong they will have to be slayed haha.

It no bother man I have had it on the car twice looks awesome even in the black the difference is slight but to the trained eye it will be appreciated in silver with the mesh kept black.

I'm just as you say "shittin it" about leaving it with some random c*nt that don't know what it is or it's personal value to me.

@ South Wales peoples possibly a bit further could recommend someone skilled to do it right rather than me have a go and ruin a rare part let me know :)

Haha na he was just super nerdy and had serious aerocatch ocd lol

I was actually a bit sad in that I also read the instructions for them and was happy to see you put them the right way round..... I also notice when they aren't! Have you seen the GT4 BMW Z4 it has three of them on the bonnet in both directions, messes with my ocd too. :p

http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/SH01-AlgarveDT01.jpg

Edited by WallaceGlanza

hahaha shorty im sure we can all help you through this together !!

as for my catchers im gona weld the pins and lock them up and gun it down the motorway see if I have a headache at the end of it haha

Haha you should be fine as like i say loads are on the wrong way. Is just if they fail really.

And that z4 is a head fuck lol. At least 2 are the right way but that middle one man........ all kinds of wrong! Lol