can somebody confirm this link is correct for tps please

Ive used that guide to set up TPS on a Glanza and a GT and my 85.

Mine is to, really hope the mani doesn't have to come off :(

You can take the throttle body off the inlet without taking the inlet off the engine. Its only 4 bolts. Probably best to order a new gasket as its only like 4 quid. And ffs mark where your VAC & water pipes go or you'll end up with a sump full of coolant haha.

Thats what I wanted to hear daniel g.thanks so much.

and yeah not a bad idea removing whole throttle body. Alot easier.

As for the water and vacuum feeds--I havent got any waters as I blocked them of and deactivated the wax stat.

thanks for your time daniel g.

all the best to you

Ive used that guide to set up TPS on a Glanza and a GT and my 85.

You can take the throttle body off the inlet without taking the inlet off the engine. Its only 4 bolts. Probably best to order a new gasket as its only like 4 quid. And ffs mark where your VAC & water pipes go or you'll end up with a sump full of coolant haha.

So if I bought another sensor will it still need set up or will it be a preset kinda thing..plug straight in, thanks mate, same people always helping on here much appreciate it

a new sensor would need setting up

once you more the tps in any way it will need resetting as the clearances are marginal ---- as you can see from the ttgt guide with 20 thou and 28 thou feeler gauges

Thanks for the help I will just put a second hand one on so it won't mess up any clearance's, will take the throttle body off and change the gasket.

Does anyone have information on the NA tps? Had it apart and it appears to just be a on off switch, and that's how I've been assuming it is, but currently its unplugged while I change some things about so figured I'd clarify, if I get chance before someone chimes in I'll just check it with a multimeter :)

Thanks for the help I will just put a second hand one on so it won't mess up any clearance's, will take the throttle body off and change the gasket.

just to be clear, a new or 2nd hand tps will need to be set up

if you dont want to set up one, your best bet is to buy a 2nd throttle body WITH the same sensor as yours and install it-----assuming the tps on it is already set up and working properly...this is a lot of hassle

it would be easier to just get what you have reset/recalibrated

as mikey4410 stated, its not that hard to do if you have the tools and its probably the cheaper option

just to be clear, a new or 2nd hand tps will need to be set up

if you dont want to set up one, your best bet is to buy a 2nd throttle body WITH the same sensor as yours and install it-----assuming the tps on it is already set up and working properly...this is a lot of hassle

it would be easier to just get what you have reset/recalibrated

as mikey4410 stated, its not that hard to do if you have the tools and its probably the cheaper option

Great thanks! Can the throttle body be taken off and the tps set up or does everything have to be on the car?

Dont attempt to do it on the car.its a little tricky when its off and it front of you lol.

Seriously though do take it off and do it on a flat workbench and it wont take 20 mins I reckon.

Has made a big difference on mine with responsiveness and idle.

Sooo worth doin

Dont attempt to do it on the car.its a little tricky when its off and it front of you lol.

Seriously though do take it off and do it on a flat workbench and it wont take 20 mins I reckon.

Has made a big difference on mine with responsiveness and idle.

Sooo worth doin

Lol! Great matey thanks for the help be taking it off tomorrow I have zero boost at the minute and it's not good for my health haha :) Edited by Gainzy