I have just bought a civic rad and the pipes coming of the rad are much larger than a standard rad, i struggled to get the coolant pipes on but managed to in the end but couldn't use the hose clips so had to use jubilee clips, anyone else had this problem? The curvature of the pipe also isn't correct due to the rad pipe being in a different place the a standard rad aswell, does this affect anything?

FB3A7CC7-912E-4990-88B6-DAD640065B8F_zps

Edited by scottieboi94

Ive had this before aswell. The silicon hoses can be a bit tight to get on and the OEM clips are too small.

Youd better heatwrap that mani or wrap something round that top hose because it'll burn through in no time. Or take it off and turn it round the other way, this gave me a bit more clearance if you dont wanna chop it down.

I had the same problem but I managed to get the coolant pipes pushed right on I used fairy liquid and they slid on so easy, but I was there for a good half hour before I thought to use fair liquid

Might try it :p