Classic 1982 Mini- Fun Project?

Looking at getting a classic mini, the particular one i'm looking at is a Y reg 1982 Austin Mini Mayfair 998cc in silver, looks relatively solid as I know the sills, scuttle, lower boot, arches, basically everything rusts on them, and it's just over 30 years old, but it looks good for the money and no major things need doing (i.e cutting panels out and replacing), I could just get it and drive it home.

I was thinking of getting one and tarting it up a bit, put some nice alloys on it, new suspension, new interior, pull the engine out and replace parts on it that are looking worse for ware,whilst it's out clean the engine bay, that sort of thing.

The good thing is the cost of aftermarket parts for the classic mini's are surprisingly cheap, so it wouldn't cost a lot to do up for a fun little project

Has anyone ever owned one on here? I know they'll probably only go about 60mph tops with the 998cc engine, and take about 20 seconds to get there...but I really have a soft spot for them and they look very nimble (power to weight will probably be the same as a N/A) and fun to drive!

lgDPJkul.jpg

tOmdaH6l.jpg

ZgpSb2bl.jpg

e6tpvAil.jpg

Do you think it would be a fun project?

*sp

Edited by Jamie5414

I've got 2:mins sat in my garage. A clubman and a roundnose...

Great little cars i love them. So much character and so much to do to them..

Get half decent engine built and ull have great fun...

Yeh not quickest on straight but great handling :-D

Althought thinking of selling mine :-( :-( due to wanting more funds

i will have 1 forsale soon, needs painting an putting together, dont want to sell it but too many projects. awsome little cars. will have another 1 in the future. and im not far from you, ;)