locking off the crank/flywheel/box

Does anyone know if there is a locking hole for the bottom end on the 4efte or gearbox? I've never noticed one or needed one but I'm currently trying to get a tight pull off a mates car and don't have access to a buzz gun. Tried putting it in gear and using the brakes but can practically get a 180 degree turn on the bar and still not cracking off. Be much easier if it were locked off properly lol.

Cheers.

If so it took me 5or6 30second blasts with a snap on gun to get mine off lol

Unless its been undone before it WILL NOT come undone without a gun

I did the same with the brakes on putting it in gear etc etc but it will never do it

Not tried it myself but heard of plenty of people using a breaker bar, rest it on the ground then blip the key just to crank the engine over. Done in seconds. Fairly dangerous and not recommended but if worst comes to worst

Well to get the head off we ended up cutting the belt to worry about it later so not ideal. I don't think the starter would have enough punch either tbh. I was pulling a breaker bar hard enough to move the car whilst it was in gear and my buddy had his foot on the brakes lol! Think we will need some old skool hardcore method if there's no lock off point.

Pikey as fuck but the car didn't have brakes plumbed in at the time. Bang a bar between the wheels an the brake caliper/shock and leave it in gear. Get a breaker car and a ban a scaffold pole over the end of that aswell ha

Take the sump off and wedge a crowbar in the crank... that'll work. Might fuck some things though :p

Far to messy taking the sump off with all that oil. How about poping a spark plug out and replacing it with a long threaded bolt that pushes the piston to bottom dead center :o

Windy gun or impact driver of sorts. I wouldn't stick anything in the sump to "wedge the crank" lol we all know what will happen there. And i would only drop something in the bores as a total last resort and even then it would be a bit rope. Defintely wouldn't thread a long bolt in the spark plug hole to hold the piston at bottom dead center incase the engine snapped or chewed the threads which would mean head off/new head.

In a clio we've had a breaker bar on the bolt wedged and then turned the engine over and its cracked off but was very sketchy to say the least lol was off in no time to be fair though.