Afternoon lads,

Does anyone have any knowledge of ct16's? I have been given one for free and it's in very good shape. Thinking it may be an upgrade on my ct9 just looking for some advice really.

All I can guess is that I'll have to use the exhaust side of the ct9 as the flanges are different.

The turbo was originally from a Toyota Hiace 2.5 D4D and has a part number which is 17201-30030.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

I tried swapping the housing but the ct16 propeller is actually smaller and there is a gap all the way round. As well the lips where both sides of the turbo clamp together are completely different. Strange yet the inlet or where the air filter goes is slightly larger than the ct9.

I'm interested in knowing what figures the ct16 can make.. See if it's worthwhile having a manifold and downpipe made to suit the current exhaust housing

You could use the turbine wheel as well as the exhaust housing. That way they should match up apart from you said the lips don't match but I'm sure you could get it machined? If your really wanting to try it that is

You couldn't do that as the bearings wouldn't fit and you'd need custom made journal bearings, and the turbine wheel wouldn't fit inside the compressor wheel.

Without even looking at the specs of this turbo, knowing that it's off a 2.5 diesel it's almost certainly smaller than the usual tried and tested TD04, and wont really be ideal for a petrol engine, the turbine housing will have a relatively small A/R and the compressor wheel will be designed for high boost but less flow compared to one that would be designed for a petrol engine, as diesels tend to be designed for use over a narrow rpm range.