20v starlet from australia

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool build man. Where abouts in Sydney are you from? I used to live in the Eastern Suburbs.....never saw any starlets while I was there :(....a good few scoobies and evos though.

Kings cross actually there's a fair few getting around now

Yeah, Rockingham just South of Perth.

I bought mine from Melbourne (eBay) earlier today, $74 delivered for a GTi 2 core alloy rad, not bad considering a stock replacement is 400+ in stores.

Posted Image

Yeah I paid 100 bucks all up for my set up

Kings cross actually there's a fair few getting around now

Yeah I paid 100 bucks all up for my set up

Yep some company I got my set up

They were good to deal with and had it to me in 2 days might take a bit longer for you to get it though

Posted Image

Posted Image

Me and a friend went halves in this 180sx about a year ago

Sr20det

Gt2871r

Bride seats

R33 brakes all round and lots of other awesome mods.....anyway he did 12.8 second 1/4 mile while I was on holidays with a rich tune and some cheap shit tyres with better tyres should run flat 12s if not lower very happy with such a cheap investment (bought the car at a rediculous low price) it also does some very respectable lap times on street tyres next up is semi slicks

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

New shoes!

In desperate need of coilovers to drop it some more and cause my front shocks are near dead

Posted Image

Found some interesting info on adjusting the fuel pressure from 40psi up to 44psi for some more low to mid range acceleration so gonna give it a go and see what happens

Posted Image

Delivery for today

New genuine toyota :

Oil filler cap

Valve cover gasket

Distributor cap

Distributor button

And had top gun leads made up with dual spiral core rated upwards of 315 degrees Celsius

With the same performance as 9mm or 10mm thick leads that fit in factory holders

Next up is tomei fuel pressure regulator (when it finally arrives apparently australia post lost it ....... Yeah)

And only a couple more weeks till coilovers get ordered :)

Not a bad figure, was about what mine made with just an exhuast.

Decent manifold and a set of trumpets bagged me about another 10whp and cams made another 6whp still running the auto ecu.

I could probably do with giving my dizzy an overhaul now I've seen this!

You really should ill post pics of the old cap and button

Trumpets are on the list next spoke to sq again after you asked about the restriction on the trumpets in the plenum morgey

They tell me they have tested the sh$t out of them and haven't found any so I'm gonna give them a go

How's your driveability with those cams??

What's the degrees?

Did you retain vvt?

I seem they are tomei Pom cams I think?

And no problems with the factory ecu?

I'd read through your build but it's massive :)

You really should ill post pics of the old cap and button

Trumpets are on the list next spoke to sq again after you asked about the restriction on the trumpets in the plenum morgey

They tell me they have tested the sh$t out of them and haven't found any so I'm gonna give them a go

How's your driveability with those cams??

What's the degrees?

Did you retain vvt?

I seem they are tomei Pom cams I think?

And no problems with the factory ecu?

I'd read through your build but it's massive :)

If you could. I did look at mine and they looked a bit pitted but not too bad.

I've looked at them sq ones and some reviews and they seem to be spot on. Well worth the money it would seem.

Drivability is okish theres a flat spot around 3k or vvt change over. I think it needs mapping out but it is bareable and after 3k it revs out fine. Had the fueling checked and its still spot on.

Vvt remains yes.

Tomei poncams 264 256 not sure on lift maybe around 9mm? Not sure which duration is inlet and exhaust though.

After doing all the leads and dizzy freshen up its just alot smoother

ive seen the quality before on their coolant block kits for rwd set ups their machining is very good

Ill look into cams a lil later was just worried about how it drives down low mostly as it's my daily drive to work and back is roughly 60 something kms

With speed cameras down most of the roads I use

Was originally thinking of leaving the engine internals factory but I'm not getting rid of the car anytime soon

Theyre not too bad to fit. Took an afternoon including checking clearances before and after i only dropped these in on the oem pulleys so probably not as setup as they could be. Only thing i forgot to do was put some sealant in and around the cam and endcaps so have a slight oil leak.

In terms for cost for power these are around £500 here and mapped can see upto 12-15whp. My manifold, trumpets and filter cost about the same and gained around 10whp aswell.

Posted Image

Stopped by my mates house to check out his wife's new ride

And thought it would be worth a share

Mazda rx7 1982 series 2 on the left

Running 13b ported for turbo but running n/a with injection perfection webber style manifold

ground up restoration

Discs brakes all round

On the right is a 1973 mazda rx2 sedan

Running 12a turbo all factory inside an out not the original motor but clean enough to eat off both cars

Rx2 to be featured in next months fast 4s and rotaries magazine

Posted Image

Went to world time attack sydney on sat just one pick took a heap of videos dunno how to post them

Videos of the mazda 787b Le Mans car down the main straight

And "mad mike" widdets "madbull" 26b rocket bunny kitted fd rx7 drift car if you've never heard of him YouTube

Mad mike crown range rediculous machine

• 3 weeks later...

Small update vinyl died my door card inserts today using duplicolour fabric and vinyl die in flat black

Unfortunately stupid tapatalk won't let me upload pics! :(

Looks much better gonna be puttin in black swift gti seats soon hopefully this weekend! If this guy comes and buys my spare gearbox :(

• 1 month later...