NEGATIVE - Billy Stanbury from Devon

Not going to go into full details on here, but please avoid selling to this guy. I don't know if he is even a member on this forum but i know he owns a starlet.

Cut along story short, he posted on a jap parts facebook group asking if anyone's selling a TD04 turbo.

I was just about to sell one on Ebay, i i posted on the thread saying yes and he asked if i could get it sent off next day delivery for him.

I rushed straight out to get it sent off, because he was in need of it the next day. I went out of my way to make sure he received it the following day.

Then he sends me a fb msg, stating it was totally seized solid. Which it definitely was not. I have 100% positive feedback on ebay since i first joined back in '04. I have never and would never sell any faulty items or any items i would be unhappy with. The turbo was in mint condition, no shaft play in and out, up or down, no smoke, and definitely not seized.

He then sent me pictures of it , in what appears to be a vice to grip it, with the intake and exhaust housings removed. And with clear damage to the cartridge housing.

You can clearly see he has hammered the CHRA with what appears to be a metallic tool such as a hammer and chisel, to the point, he has broken the large o-ring flange off the intake side of the CHRA. Also covered in gouges and chip marks on the CHRA from beating away at it.

He opened a paypal dispute with me, and is trying his very hardest to get a full refund from me, whilst leaving me with a totally useless turbo he has returned back to me.

Please do not sell to this guy. He may well receive your working items, and screw 'em up dismantling then claim off paypal you sent faulty goods. Oh and did i forget to mention the abusive fb msgs he has sent me because i wouldn't refund him the money for an item the numpty has broken himself ...

If anyone knows his username on this forum could you please pm me it, and i will include it on here so sellers can beware of him.

Its a shame such dishonest people are in the starlet world now days.

Sorry to hear about your experience man. What a dick. I hope you manage to get it sorted some how.

Like you said, this seems to be happening waaay too much at the moment in the starlet community....which is a damn shame.

Well i gave all the screenshots of the facebook msgs to paypal, proving he has taken it apart and they seem to have awarded him a refund! absolute joke if you ask me. No it wasnt rotated, i thought he might have been buying it as a replacement for a scooby, but when he sent me pictures of it with the flange smashed and hanging off (no wonder he states it was seized, the housing must have been on the right piss) i wondered why he was taking it apart. I then asked him if he owned a starlet and he said yes.. so im assuming he was trying to break it apart to rotate it. In the process, royally f.....g it

Get back in touch with PayPal and ask for the case to be reviewed. If you have the evidence that he took it apart and damaged it then they need to see that. They get so many cases a day that chances are most are decided by a computer lol. Get in touch with them.

This is the annoying part. When i phoned them last week when the case was first opened, paypal told me to add screenshots of the fb conversation where Billy states hes takrn it apart, and also pictures of it assembled how i sent it to him, which i did. Today i phoned them again when i found out he had won a refund, and said i have sent you proof via screenshots,and there words were "we dont take photos/screenshots into account" as they could be photos of any item, not yours lol when i said why did you ask me to send picture proof then, they replied with "im not sure why my collegue said to do that as we dont take pictures into account"... Just about had it now tbh. I really am not getting anywhere with the disputeas they have now told him to send the turbo back to me and i must issue a refund. Which is great, i now have a td04 ready for the bin and he gets his money back, to buy another off some other poor sod! Joke

this is what really pisses me off, paypal/ebay don't UNDERSTAND what has gone on, he just sent the item back and ebay just refund them! I paid for some oil and it got sent out, signed for my someone who I do not know (I don't even have the oil), and I can't get my money back as easily now, ebay have proof of postage (signature). complete idiots.

Jamie, ive had that before where the actual postman has left the item at a neighbours house but the postman himself has signed the little signature thing , so i cant get a replacement sent out because its signed for yet i have no item because the neighbours kept it lol. Paypal dont listen to sellers what so ever. Just have to write this one off i think but i can still make people aware of the scammer.

Jamie, ive had that before where the actual postman has left the item at a neighbours house but the postman himself has signed the little signature thing , so i cant get a replacement sent out because its signed for yet i have no item because the neighbours kept it lol. Paypal dont listen to sellers what so ever. Just have to write this one off i think but i can still make people aware of the scammer.

yep that is exactly what has happened no doubt. but nothing will happen to the neighbour they just plead ignorance