td04 0.3!! boost leak?

Last night I replaced the ewg spring with a 0.8 one but when I took it out for a test drive it was running only 0.3bar.

Can there be a boost leak somewhere?

My setup is a td04 wepr drag kit with a front mount intercooler setup on a forged engine.

And the idle is always at 1100-1200rpms can a leak cause it to idle high?

Thanks

Ive checked all the vacuum pipes all seem to be in place only thing that confuses me is the two breather nipples on the steering rack are open.

Does that affect anything got to do with steering?

Ive checked all the vacuum pipes all seem to be in place only thing that confuses me is the two breather nipples on the steering rack are open.

Does that affect anything got to do with steering?

Sounds like the EWG hasnt sealed right since its been stripped down.

And the vac lines that go to the rack are to raise the idle when the car is under load, say at full lock with all the lights on. Wont do it any harm with no vac going to the rack.

Just an update..

I took the wastegate off opened it up taken the diaphragm off and there is no cuts, I then re tightened all the intercooler clamps then took the car for a test drive the boosts gone up to 0.4 now.

I found without a sealing ring you'd get no boost at all! And you'd hear the exhasut gas leakage. Is the turbo laggier than normal? Also is the any funny noises when turbo is boosting?

Could be the spring is shit? Have you tried it with the old one back in?

Yes the turbo is very laggy in second gear onwards and no funny noises.

Also just when its about to spool up the car feels hesitant.

Im driving the car on the low boost button activated will that cause a problem? Its bypassed already

Im sure the turbo is in good condition I bought it 3months ago off a clean subaru.

My last suspicions are the penny too. Im going to have to remove the decat and check the penny when im off from work and have time.

Why did you change the WG spring in the first place? Is it an ebay/cheap WG? I had one with a "1bar" spring and it would only make .4. I learnt my lesson and have switched to a turbosmart now, actually get a bar with a 1 bar spring now lol