Can any on shed any light?

I've got an issue with a forged engine I bought a while back.

I bought the engine being told it needed valve stem seals as it was burning oil (in what looked like cylinders 1 and 2 as the ports were slightly oily). It's only done 2000 miles since rebuild and from lifting the cam cover I believe this as it's brand new inside.

Now I filled it with fresh oil and got it running. I've ran it a few times and literally moved the car in and out of the garage a few times but only really warmed it up to temperature once in which it was incredibly smoky and stank of burning oil.

Now I dropped the oil the other day as there were a few oil leaks which I needed to stop. And it looks like this..

68f5800f20a962abfd3f7ca9cde279be_zps5562

471c7d3e39666d77b45a5e7b3c838980_zpsa181

All milky. But nothing under oil cap or anything. So my question is can valve stem seals cause this? Or is this a bigger issue? I'm gonna have to change headgasket to do valve stem seals anyway but wanna know it's not a bigger problem.. Is this coolant getting in the oil?

Anyone had this before? The engine was sat for about 18 months in my garage in the car so I don't know if it was condensation inside engine.. I don't know again if that could cause this.

If anyone could help that would be great :)

Thanks

Sam

• 1 month later...