JWK Project Process Thread

Im really impressed! Just read the thread right through, and I have to say its really good to see some one so young doing so much hard work on a car, although your not old enough to drive for a while yet.

But then, I suppose you can make a bit of money from this, especially as you paid next to nothing for it, and have sourced or made cheap parts yourself.

It looks clean as hell too. You must be quite proud of your self for the hard work you have done!!

The only thing I would say that I dont like, is the exhaust. But thats just my opinion.

Good work! Look forward to seeing any new projects you get, and if you do sell this one, how much you get for it!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the great reply :D its the first one ive had yet like that.

your hates are my hates, i pulled it off the hanger (rubber thing) to see where it was blowing from and then i bought a new backbox, so it shall be going soon.

the cars not as clean as it looks, the bonnet doesnt match the rest of the car and also has like rain drop fading (large rain drop shapes that are pink) of which i cannot polish up unfortunately.

the dents are far from gone but im planning a full respray once i fund for that and also a new front wing.

otherwise she is getting something rather interesting this weekend (fingers crossed) which i can then puta gazebo up on the drive (if raining) and fit :D

thanks Speedfreak :p

• 2 months later...

thanks love :)

i have a very big plan but my big plan is going to take a while as we have a few problems in the family at the moment.. once thats out the way i should have some money to play with...

heres what Raje is on about ;)

72_DSC02054_1.jpg

60mm ;)

• 3 weeks later...

well chaps, long time no update.

if im honest, theres no real update as such.

i have spoken to a chap from the local bodyshop who told me that doing the bodywork myself would be far cheaper than getting someone else to do it, let alone the sentimental value of saying "i fixed my car"..

otherwise, nothings been done, accept some cleaning of my engine bay and fixing my exhaust.

ages ago i took a small bracket off my exhaust thinking it was a joiner, really it just holds the U bend as i like to call it, in place. its where its welded to fit over the rear axle. i thought it would let the exhaust off and then i could fit my new backbox. Also, ages ago, i removed the hanger, to also take the backbox off. changes of plans and i want to put it all back on again, and its not happening. ive done in many fingers trying to get the last rubber slot over the fat hangers welded to the body. NOT happening.

heres a few pics.

My uber bolting skills..

DSC02182.jpg

whilst doing this, my car cocked its leg..

DSC02183.jpg

this is roughly where i want my tip sitting.. slightly higher than standard

DSC02185.jpg

Now for the interesting part ... :p

my plans are changing constantly, but the image in my mind is fairly cool now. and hopefully i will stick to this decision.

in time, i want to buy some second hand Griffin alloys (standard glanza/paseo si) and spray them in a shadow chrome to match the japanese limited sets. Like these :

chrome.jpg

then the sideskirts, front lip and rear lip the same as the galliano and the same as mikeyjays :)

then the full fronted cynos foglights, OR the small spotlight ones

foglights.jpg

A Dash Mat (only a possiblity)

dashmat.jpg

then i want to source some wind deflectors (one day :p )

So without pics, thats : (in bold is what i already have)

Front lip

Rear lip

Sideskirts

Wind Deflectors

Shadow Chrome JDM Griffin Alloys ( 14" )

ST Spoiler

TRD Dial Surround (made by myself using standard surround)

Crystal Headlights (JDM)

De-egged Indicators

Crystal Side Repeaters

Cut Out Grille + Black Mesh

Paseo Floor Matts

Foglights (either uk spotlights or japanese full faced)

New exhaust tip (exact same as current but without rust)

Sony CD Player

Coin Holder (From A Starlet, Someday :p )

Colour Colded Wing Mirrors But not mounting plates (like standard glanza)

Re-coat Strut Brace and find OMP Sticker for authenticity

Polished Cam Cover

Standard Clutch

New Battery

Supra Boot And Fuel Cap Release Lever

Dash Mat - Possible

Custom Rear Strut Brace

25mm Starlet SR Lowering Springs (i feel 60mm may be too much, still trying 60 anyway)

Glanza Steering Wheel (same as mine, but leather)

Later Spec Door Cards

Left Hand Drive Drivers Seat (so passenger has height adjustable)

Left Hand Drive Electric Window switches and wiring loom (will be able to have automatic window on pass side, but will stop them from using lock doors button)

Somerset County Cars Window Sticker (local toyota dealership (aunthentic))

New Airbag Stickers (mine are a bit.. old, and showing it)

New Swivel Rear Badge

Spray Corners Of Rear Lights To US Spec.

ST185 Celica Center Console Cup Holder

Black Leather Gear Gaitor

2004 Corolla Gear Knob

and thats all i can think of for now.

will update on how things go, and shes staying Sunburst Red now ^_^

Well I am looking to see your next plans come alive. Although I say don't bother with the dash mat, its not very nice looking on that picture.

You should definatly get it lowered, it will make all the difference to the look of it.

ive been wanting to get those springs on for ages, but my mechanic neighbour hasnt stopped by to do it with me yet :D

i dont trust myself doing it lol

but yeah, im not too sure on the dash mat, maybe just for shows <_<

OEM all the way from now on :D

yer dont do it on your own even if you think you can do it incase the car falls. my bf was working on a scrap corsa in me garden and was on axel stands and he come in to a get a drink, next minute the car crushed the axel stands! if he hadnt of come in for a drink hed probly be dead now <_< try never to work on a car underneath on your own :D

cars looking good tho, i like those wheels black look alot better than silver!

to change the springs i remove the suspention. compress the springs and take them off, fit new springs, compress and put back together, nothing under car really..

still dont like going under cars with wheels on and touching the floor, gives me creeps