Stripping interior. Where to stop for street?

I'm on a journey to reduce and balance the weight in my car. I removed the Aircon, headliner a few cosmetic covers...

What I'm wondering is, where to stop?

It is and will always be a street car first, so spare and jack will stay, and I'm also keeping it a 5 seater, or might turn it into a 3 seater in the future...
One thing I liked on my previous car was the light coloured pillar trims, it feels less oppressing than black trims. For that reason I was thinking of leaving the dash, shifter surround and A pillars there, and everything else is up for debate.

I want to remove everything in the boot but the cardboard panel covering the spare tyre.

Should I remove

• door sills?
  • kick panels?
  • rear cards?
  • carpet?
  • door cards?

Where is the form-function limit for you?

It's a N/A, didn't have P/S, I removed A/C. no pillar trims except "A". Keeping rear seat, might chop it in half and keep only left side, for balance and half harness bar. Got Paseo front seats,

Most of the weight is on the right side as you can see, I'm trying to balance it as much as I can, going half rad and moving coolant reservoir, catch cans and maybe battery left and back.
10620550_10203857342705793_7615175260504

Edited by FMuscle

I didn't think it would be legal to start chopping seats and shit in half? Surely it would be a bit dangerous and have no support towards the middle if that makes sense?

And where did you get it weighed at wouldn't mind a cheeky little sheet like that to see how my car is ball ended quite clever really

* balanced lmfao

I'm talking about light bucket seats cutting the back seat in half won't make any difference to cornering the weight transfer, when you get the car balanced out as soon as you sit in the weight transfer will be off the scale again coilovers and tyre's should be on the cards imo

LOL I was waiting for that one... No the nudge bar stays, It's all aluminum, weights about 2 kilos, and well, I do visit the Outback... I see enough roos to want some protection...

Swap it for a screamer pipe ;) next pic I want to see is at least a set of coilovers lol :p

My silver GT had everything out apart from the dash, front seats and the roof lining. So all trims, carpet, sound proofing, heater box, radio etc was ripped out. Some stuff is heavy but all the trims dont weigh fuck all and probably isnt worth it.

For a daily id say just leave it as is or take the back seats out and make a false floor (which will be heaver than the seats no doubt :p)

Coilovers are on the list, but not a priority yet. I want to finish my engine, swap it, and make the car look clean so it is not a cop magnet...

Stripping the interior only attracts attention in that case, i got stopped by the traffic police who had VOSA in their presence on the 3rd day my GT was on the road, they went through it with a fine tooth comb and they were concerned about the safety aspect of having no interior, sharp edges etc. I was like ive got bucket seats with harnesses i cant get much safer than that lol. But not sure how the police is Oz handle things like that

Stripping the interior only attracts attention in that case, i got stopped by the traffic police who had VOSA in their presence on the 3rd day my GT was on the road, they went through it with a fine tooth comb and they were concerned about the safety aspect of having no interior, sharp edges etc. I was like ive got bucket seats with harnesses i cant get much safer than that lol. But not sure how the police is Oz handle things like that

I have seen their border force on tv if it's anything to go off that I would be building a sleeper lol

I have seen their border force on tv if it's anything to go off that I would be building a sleeper lol

They are cunts and pretty strict, but even though they didnt like it there was nothing wrong with it, had literally just sailed through a MOT a couple days before :D

Dont strip your car out dude.just ruins it.been there done that and wouldnt ever again.u need weight in rear to balance car.

Disagree haha less weight more power :p nah you do have a point I feel more confident with cornering having weight in the back, the right tyre and suspension set up is more important that weight loss imo I just keep my seats out for the sound thrill and that little bit quicker acceleration

They are cunts and pretty strict, but even though they didnt like it there was nothing wrong with it, had literally just sailed through a MOT a couple days before :D

If I get pulled and they get arsey I will just say I'm moving stuff about it's not illegal to take your back seats out as far as I know I reckon window tints will cause more suspicion I think the pink sets off a friendly mood haha :D

Stripping the interior only attracts attention in that case,

I was like ive got bucket seats with harnesses i cant get much safer than that lol. But not sure how the police is Oz handle things like that

Plan is to get tinted (legal) windows and paint the interior black/dark so it's not too obvious...

And yeah safety is apparently illegal in some places, it's better to get an exploding device in the face than being properly restrained...

Literally removed everything from mine, only the dashboard remains.. Still use it as my daily for the time being, not that bad actually..

IMG_20140723_202038_zpszbznj3bx.jpg

I like what you did there, what did you use on the doors?