Greetings all, I've got a few questions if anyone can help. Ok first, induction kits for my ep91. I've only come across a couple, one is a make I've never heard of and the other is the HKS europe kit, does anyone know what the HKS one is like, i.e. is it any good, is it worth the £150 quid, or have u anyother suggestions??? And second, i got my ass wooped by a 1.3 Daewoo YRV the other day (please, no laughing!!!!), though in my defence its younger than my car and it had a twin-cam VVTI engine, though i have to say it was humiliating (wish i had a glanza, then i'd wipe the smile off that jackass's mug!!!!). Anyhow, i'd already been considering boring out the engine and this just reinforced the idea. Does anyone know if it is possible to bore out the standard 1332 ep91 engine to say 1500 and what psitons and other components are reqired for this job??

All suggestions more than welcome. Thanks.

try n get a 5e-fhe jap engine (torquer i think) You wil need the lot, engine,box,loom,shafts(maybe)can get it all for less than £500 from breakers

you'll only need the engine and loom really, the gearbox bolts up to your one.

as has been said mate, if you do any hardcore engine work it'd be quite a bit easier to get a garage to fit you a 5efe, roughly 100bhp, and no wiring issues (apparently) unlike my failed fhe conversion.

Rich.

I SAID NO LAUGHING GUYS!!!! HAHA. Cheers for your assistance chaps, as yous have noticed i'm new to this and so all your suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Phil.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got to go turbo route...even if you tuned the nadgers off the engine you'll struggle to match the power of the turbo and more importantly the torque...

having said that, how about the glanza S engine that's 115bhp and N/A if I remember correctly, anyone made that conversion?

the glanza s has the same 4efe as found in the eu starlet...rated at 85ps its a woopa!!

turbo route is alwasy said as the best to go but it does not match up to everyones circumstances...

like mentioned ealrier the 5efe is the cheapest alternative of usable power..

25-30bhp over standard. you will leave those french shitboxes rustin in the shadows....

They say and the agruemen tnever ends that certian Glanza S's came with a 1500 rated at 115.. I know my Glanza S had in a 4EFE, but it was alot quicker then a stock EP91, don't ask me why I believe it's a dif ECU and more fueling etc etc.

Nanglebadger I wouldn't waste to much time with the 4EFE engine as it's not a performance engine and modifying it would be expensive. You can consider the following modifications to reach more power and torque.

Exhaust modifcations (Straight 2' to a nice unrestritive backbox)

Air Intake Modfication (You don't need to buy a CAI kit, you can complie you rown with some piping and a filter, mount the Air Filter to a place where it can draw in more cold air e.g to the front of the car, behind the head light, etc etc, be careful about the lengh of the piping and what type your choosing as all of this will effect delays)

Spark Plugs (Get some good iradium plugs)

Plug Leads ( Get some bigger leads like magicor or a good other brand)

TRD Quickshift Kit (Get rid of your old Gear shifter and switch to a short throw something like TRD Quickshift, or something David ahh can't i think its some uk turbo starlet sales site someone else can help you)

Altern you can do a swap for the 5EHFE engine which is the high compression engine which was actually one of toyota's first performance engines, or you can go the 4EFTE route...

If you think you will be keeping the car for quite a while and love startlets, i would say go the 5efhe, as you can easily turbo them without too many hassles.

Alternativly you could get a turbo kit to go onto your engine, or the inbetween, get a glanza front cut and bolt in the engine and wiring and away you go. I would go the glanza personally and then put a bigger turbo later if you have to.

Alternativly, you could do the following, depending how much it costs over there to do it.

port-polish the head

increase your rpm by changing the computer

put 5efhe cams in

cold air induction

raise compression of the engine

Good luck, Ivan

Holy shat u boys know your stuff!!!! I&#39;ve already got NGK iridium plugs and magnecor leads in it. Thanks for all the ideas chaps, much appreciated. Unfortunately i smacked my front passenger rim off a kerb today because of some asswipe up my tail, so any mods have been put back a few weeks, although my mechanicwho i got my wheels off came and had a gander and says the wheel's fine, just missin a large chunk. But friggin hell do i feel like a yanker!

Cheers lads.