Some of you may recognise this, it's Jamie_VF22's old gt. I pm'd him as soon as it popped up as I had a chat with him about year ago about buying it so snapped it up asap.

Any way a few pics

With my daily

A8CCCBDB-B866-473E-9BC0-BC9BCA1A94D5_zps

127A7B70-CBD0-483D-AFE9-F3875AA4AB35_zps

B134E4D5-83DC-4194-AAC1-B2154574C483_zps

Pretty cool window tint

9A965144-8FC8-4D4A-BCE3-EDD95B23FC9D_zps

Clean inside ready for what I have planned

9E06CA54-E51E-4EC8-A110-3AAE9178DE98_zps

Bare bay, just needs a polish up

3106C304-F705-41DB-BCCB-267D178FBEEA_zps

And just a shot of the MG's dirty bay

9A30370B-544A-4834-AAEB-7059251D4CAA_zps

Plans are to go all out track style with it really.

Forged engine

LSD box

Gt28rs turbo or something similar

Completely overhaul the running gear, bushes etc

Unsure of body styling and wheels yet but I'll get to that.

Roll cage, harness bar etc

And a few other little bits and bobs.

I plan to do most of the work myself including any custom work, I don't have a time limit with it so updates won't be thick and fast but I shall do my best.

Cheers buddy.

Yeah they should do hopefully. Need to make a few phone calls tomorrow to get the ball rolling. I have heard that the bus companies are a ball ache to get anything out of tho.

Heard nothing but horror stories from people around here mate however it does say on the back of the form that the polish driver gave me that they will resolve the issue if they can with out going through the insurance companies so here's hoping they just pay me off and be done with it.

If you have good proof there Normaly not to bad they try dodge the insurance which is nice but one of our local lads is a master tech for a bus company and he says they always try get them him to fix any damaged cars because its cheaper for the company than paying a garage. So they get landed with chucking the car back together with scrap yard parts

I wouldn't even mind that, it's only a £500 jobby but I think the damage is to far gone. It's all been pushed back and bent, that's with out needing a new bonnet, wing, headlight, indicator, washer bottle and fog light.

Think that little lot alone would be around the £500 mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update but got the carpet out ready to remove the rest of the sound deadening and prep for paint.

Also started this but ran out of time as I'm working nights atm.

7E97BE9E-965C-4B1F-9092-D3444EED5426_zps

Just shaping and the pods moulding in, not sure wether to flock it or just spray it. Looking to get the dash flocked any way so might just go with that.

Yeah I started stripping the mg down today I'll make some money back that way on it. The bus company seem to be denying liability.

Cheers it's got a long way to go yet.

Proper progress will start after Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, got this all fiberglassed up ready for filling, sanding and paint.

BB3AFC64-B396-425C-BFDB-78AEABDE511D_zps

Also got the heat gun out and got rid of the rest of the sound deadening in the car.

I think I'm going to run a bead of self along all the major seems when I get time to as most of the sealant has come of with it.

Will also have the petrol tank removed soon if any body needs one........ free to collector

• 1 month later...

So I haven't been on for a while and updated this but Some of you may have seen the shell up for sale not long ago but it is staying for now. Long story short we're being forced to move house due to the mothers prick of an ex husband so first thought was to sell up and call it a day.

After a bit of thought and a chat with my grandad he's allowed me to keep it in one of his garages if the new house isn't big enough to keep it so progress will proceed, very slowly but it will.

In the mean time I got this from socks, cheers again

A3A19A50-8162-4EA0-A37D-3A30786EFBDA_zps

Looking to finish the door cards and make a start on welding the inside up next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah never mate.

My Grandad said the same thing to me. I didn't have room for my car (parents kicking off) my Grandad was like nah be okay store it on my drive. Luckily I managed to keep it at my yard but it's nice to have that option there if I need to.

Shame about the MG though, was never a fan of them but appreciate it's a run around. What was the outcome in the end?