Glanza V Driveshaft replacement - How to ?

Hi,

Hopefully someone can guide us...

Have to change the outer CV joints both sides on sons Glanza and managed to get a pair of complete driveshafts with fairly new outer CV joints, although they are missing the green cups.

Anyone have a walkthrough or guide or know of one online, on how to go about swapping them out ?

Not the best on spanner work but will have a go at anything.

cheers

Its pretty straight forward. Do you have a battery impact gun ? If not then you need to either get someone to hold their foot on the brake whilst you undo the hub nuts or knock the centre cap out the wheels and undo them whilst the car is on the ground with the handbrake on.

Jack up the car

Remove wheels

Then put back on to undo the 30mm hub nuts if you need to

Remove brake lines & abs sensor wire from strut

Remove the two strut bolts and nuts, 19mm

Give the driveshaft a little knock backwards

Pull the hub towards you it'll drop down a bit

Pull the shaft to the side

Do the same for the other side aswell

If you didnt get new green inner cups on the new shafts then the best way will be for you to keep your cups in the box and just undo the clips around the inner cv rubber and then simply slide the new shaft in with some new grease and then put the clip back on. You wont have to drain the gear oil either.

It's pretty simple even easier if your not removing the green cups. Just as dan has said above the 30mm nut Is just luck. I've had them come off with just a normal ratchet and then I've had them absolutely solid were I was jumping up and down on a meter long breaker bar and it wasn't budging (am a fat bastard aswell) ended up resulting in getting so annoyed I employed the use of a sledge hammer to the breaker bar before it came off.

If u can get or borrow a buzz gun it makes life easier.

Aye ha the downside to all our generic starlet tool kits A 10,12,14,17 and 30mm is all that's required right up untill some bell end fits a 32mm driveshaft nut!. On the plus side I coulda walked to halfords and bought a 32mm in the time Paul took to get that washer bottle off.

• 3 months later...

Mines was a 32mm i think had to buy one too. My battery impact gun wouldn't even touch the nut lol. Snapped numerous breaker bars. In the end it needed a metre long jack handle and my 20stone plus mate on it. Apart from that straight forward. If you remove the green cup from the gearbox oil will come out!

Edited by Ollieh17