Big end and main bearing sizes

Jesus seems a lot of money just for a gauge this is getting headache material now

good investment for future will save big money in future engine blow ups

that was an exapmle search egay for cheaper option i just showed the digital because i have bad eyesight for the manual gauge ha ha

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know mate there place is called ams automotive machine services in West Sussex proper work shop and all that and I just rang him and he said it was rounded off to the nearest hundred not thousand, he said it could of been .5 out either way etc what a idiot

He hasn't got the tool to do it mate to measure it in the thousands, what I can do is get a digital vernier micrometer of eBay and get myechanic to measure it properly, just one thing Colin your helping me here so much of your own back so I will be getting you alittle gift of your choice at the end of it 👍

True Colin but you been such a help on this why should you put your own time in, I know your helping fellow starlets out but that's just me for you saying thankyou for helping, I just need the right tool but not expensive to do the trick they must be out there somewhere

found this cheaper digital 1 25 to 50mm in thousands 40£

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linear-electronic-digital-outside-micrometer-25-50-/321539792529?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item4add43de91

that and the telescopic set i linked will be enough to measure them holes

you will have to buy a bigger micrometer for when you want to start checking cylinder bores to :)

Edited by 5e colin

I need to think of another solution mate to be honest I know it has it be spot on of course but spending more money for 2 micrometers for the crank journals and the rod/mains diameter hole size looks like it's gonna be the best part of 60-100 quid when it needs to be only done once, the only other solution is phone a engineering shop local who have these tools and ask them if they can measure the sizes I need, or someone who uses these micrometers for the trade there in and hope someone will come to the units it's in a measure that way for a price

I know your only helping Colin and you will never understand how much I appreciate this and your time and actually looking for me and helping but with the bearings costing ( when I get them) 175 quid of toyota plus with all the machining done, new cambelt kit, water pump, oil pump, rings, basically what a new rebuild needs it has left me alittle skint

i know where you coming from kid indeed i remember when i rebuild my cynos b engine pfff crazy money , i to have problems have been alla fred flintstone for 3 weeks now ha ha cant afford a new clutch yet with my kids !! they come first now , fuckers ha ha

you could buy spuriuos parts but they will need a rebuild faster also could buy 5efe rings of egay to keep costs down

few of my continental freinds got there engine rebuild by me on 4efe corolla parts from moter factors alla cheap and there still going around sound for a good while now al boosting around a bar

I know what your saying mate everything is just costing more and more money and I haven't even got kids, I think I was alittle naive about the whole rebuilding in the first place only when I rang toyota and they ask me there's 3 sets god knows what everyone does with there rebuilds, I will be happy mate once these clearances are sorted and ordered the bearings as it's ready to go building other people engines mate and there still going about is fantastic stuff good for you 👍

Hello Colin just to let you know I thought sod it and brought the micrometer and telescopic, let's be honest I have no choice and there's you looking for this stuff for me, and me to say I can't afford it, is certainly not what to say to you so have gone and brought both and very interested now to see what the exact measurements are 👍

no problem patman take care of them tools and they will last years both 18 each so aint to bad

take you time measuring them with the telescopics have a google on how to use them propper like angling them back and forward

have a play with them also when using the micro dont force it against the telescopic points when measuring