mad new volvo triple turbo/ compound charged system!

Tbf mitsubishi did it with one turbo, and from what i've heard the lag isn't that bad at all. Plus this engine isn't in a car yet!

I dare say compared to this it would be very laggy.

Having an electronic supercharger (assuming it actually works) you could have it off whilst cruising and as soon as you touch the throttle it would switch on and be boosting. Even from idle you could have boost

Tbh, sounds a bit cackhanded to me. Awesome idea and I'd buy a drink for whoever thought of it, for sure. But surely if the whole idea is to eliminate turbo lag, they could use that same electric power to supplement the engines output for the first 2000rpm or so until either a) the throttle is eased off or b ) the turbos can kick in, then KERS the power back into a capacitor then use that to run the hybrid train next gear change until the turbos can take over again. Same basic concept except without having the engine be under constant boost. So much fuel saved over a month, even.

Edited by FrozenJakalope

I Believe bmw have done this a few years ago with the 550d all be it with a completely different design, capacity, fuel and so on but the concept is still the same!

Unbelievable power figures for a diesel and of course ridiculous torque to match... 550lbft odd @ 2k can't ask for more drivability than that!

Unfortunately never made rhd