Anybody Know Richardc9052?

Hey there guys just wondering if anyone can help? Really didn't wanna post about this but thought it's been going on a bit to ignore now.

I bought a corolla inlet manifold from him 29th of August and (my own fault I completely understand that) put my trust in him and sent payment as a gift on PayPal, obviously I know there's nothing I can do should nothing come to light my own fault for being too trusting lol! Anyhow in a nutshell a few pm's batted back and forth with him struggling to get it sent out, I understand people have busy lifestyles these days so gave him the benefit of the doubt and just said sort it whenever you can. Wasn't quite expecting it to go on this long however. I sent my last pm to him on the 8th October and still haven't heard from him since?

I'm not slating the guy or anything :) I'd just like to know if anyone knows him at all and maybe even just let me know if somethings happened so I at least have a reason why I haven't heard from him.

Thanks guys! :)

Edited by griffo20022
  • 3 months later...

Hey there guys just thought i'd post a bit of an update on this. In a nutshell I still haven't received the inlet manifold and haven't heard from Richard since the beginning of January :(

Tried dropping him a message a couple weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back. To be honest I wrote off any idea of getting the manifold or my money back but posting this as more of a warning for anyone in future wanting to possibly deal with him. I tried to hold back as long as possible from doing this but being as I sent the money as a gift for the manifold I see this as my only way of any possible resolution. Jess tried messaging him on Facebook and still nothing so hey ho!

Must admit maybe it's my own fault for being too trusting and naive of other forum members but in my 10+ years of being among car forums and buying and selling many items to like minded folk i've never had any hassle doing so, shame really!

So yeah! Obviously not blaming the site obviously as it's a great place just it's the few that ruin it for the others! I understand people sometimes run into trouble and get stuck but I did pay for this back in August!

i know richard well mate he is sooooound out

on another note i had to pm staff on ere to get his acount reactivated because it was hakked so i will go pm him now on toc .irl for ya and see whats tha story

Hey there guys just thought i'd post a bit of an update on this. In a nutshell I still haven't received the inlet manifold and haven't heard from Richard since the beginning of January :(

Tried dropping him a message a couple weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back. To be honest I wrote off any idea of getting the manifold or my money back but posting this as more of a warning for anyone in future wanting to possibly deal with him. I tried to hold back as long as possible from doing this but being as I sent the money as a gift for the manifold I see this as my only way of any possible resolution. Jess tried messaging him on Facebook and still nothing so hey ho!

Must admit maybe it's my own fault for being too trusting and naive of other forum members but in my 10+ years of being among car forums and buying and selling many items to like minded folk i've never had any hassle doing so, shame really!

So yeah! Obviously not blaming the site obviously as it's a great place just it's the few that ruin it for the others! I understand people sometimes run into trouble and get stuck but I did pay for this back in August!

Maybe 5e_Colin can get on his case and help you out.

Phil

Thanks Phil however I'm just leaving it at that now. I don't expect anything to come of it now, I spose this is just my way of just having my final say and also letting others know about the mistakes of paying via a gift on PayPal as obviously I have no leg to stand on now. I'm not going to bad mouth Richard Publicly as I hate being p*ssed off with people. Just one of those things I guess

No I messaged him after. He has all the rights to be putting this up man. Just forgetting to mention that I messaged him last night in the comment from today is strange.

Question still hangs, have you posted him his parts?

He did indeed message me and has apologised for the situation, this was after I made the initial resurrection post on here hence the post is here. Rightly or wrongly as I may be, I have said to Richard that unless he is messaging to say that he has posted the manifold or has issued me a refund not to contact me again. Personally I'm not one for conflict I prefer the easy life lol. But obviously regardless of Richards current situation I'm annoyed I have paid for goods that I haven't received. If I hadn't have been naive and paid properly through PayPal I could have opened a case and got my money back. By all means Rich if you'd like to post screenshots of our conversation that's fine dude. I'd like to hope I haven't done anything wrongly by posting on here :)

atleast this has been from whats looks like from the comments resolved between your selfs and no one is being rude to each other and you to have handled this great by the looks of it think people can learn from you guys but ovs dont let this happen in the first place but hats of to you guys handling it so well and for richard bitting the bullet and admitting which most guys wouldnt do this thread has kinda restored some faith for me in the starlet scene :)

Even if you hadn't paid as a gift this has dragged out for too long for you to have opened a dispute.

Well done for resolving it.

I'm going to make the assumption that Rich has given you a refund and hasn't just robbed you.

No, no refund given and part has not been posted due to his circumstances.

annoyingly I'm just going to have to leave it until something happens his en, fair enough he hasn't been rude at all but he could of been in touch to let us know what was happening rather than me having to have made this public.

Edited by griffo20022
  • 2 months later...

Alright guys just wanted to put this last post in here. The car has now been sold and unfortunately it never had the opportunity to have this manifold fitted due to it still never arriving and have still never had any contact (or refund) from Richard since the last post on here.

If anybody has the opportunity to deal with him.... DON'T!

Edited by griffo20022

Alright guys just wanted to put this last post in here. The car has now been sold and unfortunately it never had the opportunity to have this manifold fitted due to it still never arriving and have still never had any contact (or refund) from Richard since the last post on here.

If anybody has the opportunity to deal with him.... DON'T!

Thats fine. Dont say anything about me not contacting you. you told me not to unless it was to say the item was sent or a refund was given. i told you i will give you both due to the hassle i have brought you due to the circumstances i am currently experiencing.

You where 8 days from me sending you both as well. I told you about the fact that im struggling with money, The fact that i spent the money you sent me on 2x couriers who didnt turn up and claimed i wasnt at home so i was unable to get a refund. I have apologised in every way possible. I am in a real situation. Not one im making up to get out of sending you something or giving you a refund.

Remember that grant for college i told you about that i was having trouble getting because i had spent 18 months in the uk before i applied to college? the one i needed because otherwise i cant afford to buy the stuff for my Son that is due in 7 weeks now and that i told you i had been waiting for to send you the manifold and refund? Well it was approved 3 days ago.

Ive told you time and time again that i am sorry its been so long and that i wouldnt put up with it myself.

I Sold that manifold to pay a bill. I couldnt pay it because of couriers not showing. I couldnt do anything about it. the price of me getting another courier is substantial in combarison to the money we live on every week. Shit is hard enough. I dont want to sell on here again. Why would i? This transaction was bad enough i wouldnt risk it happening again. I was never out to scam anyone!?!

Given that youve posted again and youve sold the car ill just send the refund.. when i have time. Would have messaged you the day the money arrived in my account to tell you i was sending both (you could have sold the mani if the cars gone).

Just because you seem to believe im talking shit when im a genuine person in a genuinely shitty situation here are screenshots of my grant tracker and the payment date schedule .

Grant_zpshwnwxr2m.jpg

grant2_zpssewyiqbj.jpg

why bother

Why not? You do not know the full story. I am not saying he is wrong or that i am right but its not as if i have been ignoring anything? i was directly told to stop contacting him unless it was to tell him that i would be sending the mani/ refund, which i told him i would do both when i could. which was going to be next week.

Edited by richardc9052