WEPR Hybrid Turbo Brand New Clips Exhaust Housing

Hello,

Was wondering whether anyone can help, maybe Liam?

My brother bought a Brand New WEPR Hybrid Turbo and it sounds that when the housing and intake side are clamped together the turbine clips the exhaust housing side when spun with your finger. He had to unbolt the turbo and spin the exhaust housing 180 degrees so that it would fit. However when he noticed it was clipping he spun it back.

Is this normal. It seems that when you spin it with your finger and slight pressure inwards that it clips.The turbo has never been run and he is reluctant to fit until this can be clarified.

Any positive ideas are welcome. As said this is brand new and it's only when inward pressure is applied. He is thinking when under oil pressure, etc, that this would correct itself.

Unsure on what you exactly mean buddy, if you are local to nottingham then I can take a look at it and let you know or if you want to send me some videos via whatsapp/Facebook or whatever you're more than welcome.

Unsure on what you exactly mean buddy, if you are local to nottingham then I can take a look at it and let you know or if you want to send me some videos via whatsapp/Facebook or whatever you're more than welcome.

here's the video Liamhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcwxoUNlns it was the turbo that came with my kit I've messaged sasha I'm sure he will sort it out for us as it's never even been ran on the car

The help is appreciated. He never has any luck with Turbo cars lol. He thought he would do it right this time, invest nicely and get a nice set up wouldn't blow on him for a good while....now he's kinda thinking why didn't he just rebuild his. But yeah he's stressing out since this is his main mode of transport and was like 'Oh it'll be a weekend Jobby...'

Bit of oil pressure through that will be grand don't forget it a dry turbo had no oil at all go through it yet. my stock one has a bit of play Asoon as the engines running the is no play at all. See what wepr come back with though :)

that's what I thought it's going to spin freely

mate..just for future reference...dont man-handle the centre shaft like on the video lol...always gently rotate the shaft..if it doesnt clip..its fine. when checking for shaft play...gently move the shaft...its not built to handle lateral movement..specially when there is no oil pressure. you can damage a perfectly good turbo ...i actually almost fell off me chair when i saw that video lol

great!! have fun mate..your good for 1.6bar with that turbo. we had a EP82 make 250whp@1.3 bar with same turbo. actually made 255whp on the final run after waiting for the car to cool before doing one last run. intake temps were very high due to it being very hot here.