My Silver Road Warrior

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go into a corner with your foot planted and lift off the throttle and tell me what the back end of your car does ;)

Actually dont you may end up in a hedge :angry:

Seriously good fun has caught me out a few times though :)

yeah i caught myself out on a roundabout once!!! scared the shit outta me i tell ya!

Phil.

Hey I like your Glanza v it looks as if it is in as good nick as mine - mine has done 26,000 miles I have got pics in the part of the site they go in.

Looks like u r givin it some round the corners lol.....is it a auto like mine?? :angry:

Mel

@ mel yea its an auto and im loving every minuite of driving it iwth the new set up,

was on the highland hoon this wknd which was a perfect test for the car!

here are a few pics of some of the mods nothing exciting

my own anti lift/castor kit with proper ofset bushes.

P1020395.jpg

was hoping for my 98 bumper to arive but it did no so scameed a fre airdam and fitted this on friday!

rear.jpg

got some red hamerite an decided to respray the arb

arb.jpg

and a couple from the highland hoon

P1020553.jpg

P1020616.jpg

P1020657.jpg

this wknd was a great test for the car, il just say nothing embarased me and the car performed admirably from the start and the handling was sublime, most noticable moment was chasing down a skyline and elise carving though those mountans hovering near speed cut for a solid ten minuites!

i still need to take a picture of that snug bucket seat but that involves cleaning the cabin though lol

@ si athena is getting prepped for some track work that il document in good time+ a dyno and mapping session

@greame if your not doin anything on saturday fancy a stab at the campsies???

il give you a shot of my v and you can finaly see for yourself what the rear arb does.

let me know bro

• 2 months later...

im not sure si, if i stick the 98 bumper on then il see what it looks like, turns out the splitter is from a porche 998 911 so.

time for a we update, ive been munching the miles in this bEEst, slaying whatevers game lol still not named it yet

had its mot yesterday and it flew through, the tester never noticed the burst rear shox, (like the zilionths set burst on eps ive had)

ive still not completed my 1bar goal yet, i have eyed up an intercooler that monty has so hopefully that will find its way behind the bumper soon,

still need to upload some recent pics :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

ok this ep has been getting some heavy amounts of luv and surgery by yours truely in the past 4 months, so just a wee update

ended up going abit crazy on it after jae and the parts are still flying on, the bars have moved and im still intent on running a bar but the manual way,

so whats happened

• fitted a gt spec hybrid
  • fitted an uprated manifold
  • fitted a generic big intercoooler
  • removed the dump valve (chatter is full of win)

because im running a standard exhaust all passengers can here the wooshing/whistling noises + chatter from the turbo, its soo nice and the extra torque from removing some of the restrictins mean im chewing up less fual but its still too much

so bought a na donor car fully working for a couple of hundred with the intention of converting the v to manual, the reason being is im finding it very hard to get over 200 miles to a tank, and as i do so many miles 40 od thousand a year its sapping my finances,

got some braded brake lines, greenstuf pads and a brandnew clutch from dave b last week

between me and my mates we killed that donor car, finaly turning the colapsed cat into a flame thrower ive got the box off and heater matrix out, and ive sent the box away to my local gearbox specailist along with my six speed so they can mate the bellhousing onto it,

ive got the pedals across also

so when i get back from my holidays in the newyear i then have the mamoth task of taking the dash out to get at the matrix

james aka Nippon R will be doing the rest of the auto to manual swap for me

the final piece of the jigsaw is a jam ecu i purchased off of mikeN which will be waiting for me when i get back

then thats it for the silver v, il have six speeds, 1.1 bar of boost with brakes and suspension mods sorted,

so much for being a budget build,lol il get some pics fired up when i get back

all these plans sound awesome... but a bit much for a motor racking 40k a year dont you think? :/

been looking into how i can save economey as im chewing the same amount of fual as a scooby turbo, low 200's to a tank driving sensibly with fual in mind is a joke

even looked into how to drive in the most economical way on some of these u.s car eco forums and the best way of saving petrol is coasting, with gradual bursts of aceleration to maintain an average speed and to do that properly i need to to drive a manual,

i did a few trips down south recently in the red v to test out some of these methods and i can easily get over 300+ miles to a tank(id be happy with that) using some of the tips and driving techniques availablee to save fual, (theres a guy on this us forum that can get 62 miles to the gallon from his 5efe paseo )

so weight up all my options and sweayed heavily to getting an Ibiza sport diesel and chipping it, but the ep ticked too many good boxes, cheap tax, familiarity with the mechanicals and good general reliability over the Seat + the way it handles and i enjoy driving it alot it as it holds the road so well now.

even thought about selling it and buying a manual v but with the matrix away and it being an auto i would not have got much for it so decided on this route as this six speed had been lying here on a pallet since 2003, theres the added bonus of being able to run 17s as it returns the gearing back to stock

£35 almost fills the Paseo tank - and it can usually last about 200 miles around town, they are averaged at 45mpg i think.

anywhos good luck with the manual conversion, so far as ive heard, its not as easy as it looks :)

• 3 months later...

just a minor update on the warrior before in its final stages before his heart gets transplanted into the 4x4

RAT look for the win!

P1060442.jpg

P1060440.jpg

P1060438.jpg

has been good drving about like this for the past three weeks. people definatly dont expect the performance and have added a few choice cars to the kills list.

at tabs i have some really shit tsw blades (if anyone remembers them) with 185/60 balloon tyres im gona stick on haha

at gall yea im gona use this engine to turbo the ep95. dependant on how easy the conversion goes i might swap the 4efe into,

the 4efe is mint, looks like brandnew, i need to take a picture of it.