My Silver Road Warrior

ok im finaly getting some pics up of the new brief

its an auto 96 glanza v with 53 thousand miles on the clock bought for much cheapness

picked it up mid wk and the guy andrew (russian) threw in a camera detector also

got it up the road with a few niggling problems mostly the thermostat, temprature sensor and ingition leads

gave it a service and changed the relivent parts and its running sweet as a nut

this is the cleanest glanza mechanicaly that i have seen come of a boat, check out the pics, the nuts bolts, and look at the brake master cylnder

must have been garaged and used rairly, what 3-4000 miles a year

this is a good base to work from and im stoked with how clean the car is, a perfect base to mod from, ive started a blog on this build

P1010361.jpg

P1010353.jpg

P1010358.jpg

P1010360.jpg

P1010352.jpg

fist off is sorting out the handling, lower it just a tuch maybe 30 mil and turning the boost up to twelve psi, eventualy goin up to 14 when i can,

im gona design this build around keeping the zorts and airbox if i can,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking great g!

how do youmean wanting to keep the zorst and air box?

are you just gonna be cranking up the boost? (i prefer mine with the std airbox fitted anyway!)

yea im goin to fit a decat and an arc if i can find one at the right price then crank up the boost,

i dont think there should be a problem with this but i wont know until ive done it

im loving the standard suspension settings the now i can see the contrast between this and the civic handling wise.(which is still running by the way)

Looking good mate, Hope you have some luck with ths daily driver.

How many Starlets have you owned now??

Also mate kinda off subject but do you have any pictures of your old Black N/A?? I've seen some pictures and i love it, so now i wanna see some more.

• 4 weeks later...

just seen this liam man, il hunt out some pics for you if you want but im sure there is a thred in the na section

time for an pre update update,

i have in my possession a decat, lower tie bar, boost guage, actuater and a few other bits, including some springs that i will be getting next weeek,

i ditched the standard tyres as they had fuckall grip and fitted the team dynamics, i must say that the car is really tail happy now with the increased grip levels its very easy to get it out which i found quite entreeguing as ive never driven a v on standard settings, i know now what a few of you are on about.

heres a wee pic of how she stands, il get an extensive update going once ive figured out the electical problem with athena

P1010463.jpg

• 1 month later...

lowerings not gona happen im almost finnished colaiting all the parts for 1bar of boost and great handling

thought id take a few action shots and a few drifting shots thorwn in for good measure for a wee blog im doing on this car

my technique was lift off overstear with a dab of left foot braking if i could not load the rear up enough.

(standard suspension setup 16" alloys with 195/45 on the front and 185/55 on the back)

first some plain action shots

drift1.jpg

drift2.jpg

drift3.jpg

drift4.jpg

practicing the lift off

practice.jpg

practice2.jpg

getting better

practice3.jpg

nailing it!

practice4.jpg

winning slide

slide1.jpg

slide2.jpg

check out the magic tree

slide3.jpg

cought the transition well here if only it was half a second later to get the stearing input

slide4.jpg

i need to figure out how to work my dam camera properly to get rid of the bluryness could anyone give advice with that?

those tyres must be a little low/crap if its slipping out like that :)

either that or its just one of those surfaces, ultra slippery like.

looks like a nice wide bit of road that, plenty of run off, wouldn't mind having a scream down that in the S14 :)

thanx for the words guys, yea the shutter speed was on rapid fire il just have to screw around with the settings until i get it right

@gaz i bought the car as i thought id fucked the civic when i hadent, i would have ended up loosing my licence v-tecin it everywhere anyway!

after i realised how much i had spent on athena modding etc my goals with this v was to make it as faster than an integra type r and handle on par with an ek4 on a strict budget of less than £800 for parts and ive suceeded with no faffing about, just straight power and good, adjustable, compliant handling for the roads i drive on.

i just need a weekend to fit the parts and transform the car into something alot more potent for every day use :)

@ liam its alot easier to do this in the red v, lift off overstear on demand in the wet or dry!! B)

if you want everything in the photo frozen including the car and background just use a fast shutter speed....but it will then look like the car isnt really moving...

If you want the car in focus, and the background blurred,....slower the shutter speed to about 100th of a second, and change the focusing mode so its focusing non stop all the time....then all you have to do is pan the camera with the shutter button have depressed and follow the car, and then take the pic (if you understand lol B))

Example:-

IMG_9906-01.jpg

IMG_9902-01.jpg

soz about the quality. they were resize but you should get the idea :)

thanx rob , i had it on rapid fire but im not sure of the shutter speed, think i need to sit down and get to grips with it

i have night shots semi nailed.

what uve said gives me some idea of what i need to do to get motion pics right, getting well into this photography stuff no i have a decent tripod and camera !

• 1 month later...

ok time for a wee update,

since im goin on this highland hoon i thought id get all the parts amased fired onto the silver v, (was gona take athena but the rear coilvers have seazed)

took a solid day to fit all the parts but the car is basicaly finnished for now as a budget build, its a leach on the road!

to reiterate, i had a target of spending £800 on parts to address all the week points of my v along with getting a bar of boost on the dial

this is what i fitted all at the same time

option2 racing small bucket seet (free)

zisco decat (£110)

whiteline rear adjustable arb (£110)

my own anti lift castor kit with ofset bushes (free)

lower tie bar (£35)

hks actuater set to 12.5 psi (£40)

autometer boost gauge(£23)

pod holder (£7)

thats a total outlay of (£325) for a drasticaly different performing car,

the actuaters setup and boosting to 12.5psi now and im devouring the miles driving the car whenever i can,

the final piece of the jigsaw for this budget build was a jam ecu(£480), soured a manual one, tried it in the auto v and lost second gear, so im undecided what im gona do with it,

probably means im gona go the crude fpr and fcd route to get to a bar, this works out even cheaper though!!!.

how the car handles now?

flattering to be honst, i can feal everything the cars doing with that ultra snug seat,

i initialy expected some wallowing and roll with the standard shox and springs as before but unexpectedly this has disapeard.

with this setup the cars now poised and adjusts well to direction changes with now floating at all, it feels planted with front end grip a world away from before, theres masses of it, squat is controlled whilst acelerating and yaw is well contained,

for most driving now only requires about a therd of input to turn the stearing wheel,

comparing this to my ek4 id definatly say its more rewarding to drive, holds the same cornering speeds and pulls on the vtack up to the magical ton.

where to go from here handling wise is a hard one, im really happy with the result and dont want to screw up the nice blance the car has the now, maybe some uprated dampers?

il fire some pictures up when i take them off the cam ;)

ps sorry for the essay